A better camera with flash, improved battery life, tethering-capability, and a choice of carriers top iPhone users' "wish list" of features for the next-generation Apple handset, expected later this year. Also on the list: multitasking, a faster proc...
Now that this year's Consumer Electronics Show is history, gadget hounds are turning their attention to a rumored Apple event on January 27, when it is widely believed Apple will announce its mythical tablet device. With just over two weeks until the...
According to a rising chorus of rumors, Apple will announce its mythic tablet PC, possibly dubbed the iSlate, later this month. Combined with Lenovo's announcement of Skylight Smartbook, and its upcoming IdeaPad U1--a hybrid notebook and tablet PC, c...
A venerable New Year's tradition in the tech world entails trotting out year-old predictions by analyst shops and laughing at their off-base prognostications. But here's a surprise: The two biggest analyst firms still standing -- Gartner and IDC -- d...
If Apple was expecting Nokia to back down and retract its patent lawsuit after Apple countersued, apparently Nokia didn't get the memo. Nokia has launched a fresh assault, filing a new complaint with the United States International Trade Commission (...
"The enemy of my enemy is my friend."
Research firm IDC says Apple's App Store could stock in excess of a quarter million iPhone and iPod Touch applications, tripling current levels by the end of 2010. That's some number. Contrast with an estimated 10,000 Windows 7-compatible apps, over ...
Between the harmless but cautionary Rickrolling worm and the much less friendly iPhone/Privacy. A worm that was able to access personal data without any indication, iPhone jailbreaking has been getting a lot of coverage lately- though not necessarily...
Old friends, family gatherings, homeward-bound travel all go hand-in-hand with the holiday season--and, of course, so does taking photos of these special moments.
iPhone "jailbreaking" has been a hot topic since Apple released its smartphone more than two years ago. While the amazing little device does indeed have applications for "just about everything," Apple's sometimes arbitrary or self-serving rejections ...
If you are buying your first smartphone, which should it be: Droid or the iPhone? Both are revolutionary devices, but which revolution is for you? It is not (yet) a coin toss.
The "I'm a Mac, I'm a PC" stereotypes in Apple's famous ad campaign have nothing on the findings from a new study of BlackBerry and iPhone owners.
There are only three days until Verizon joins the Android invasion. T-Mobile was first to embrace the open source Google operating system, but with the addition of Sprint, and now Verizon, Android is mounting a quiet revolution that could see it squa...
The release of the iTunes 9.0.2 update on Thursday yet again disables Palm's workaround to sync with Apple's popular jukebox software. Perhaps it's high time Palm moved on and created its own software.
A major contender to the iPhone, Google's Droid smartphone, took center stage this week. With Verizon in its corner, Droid matches up well against reigning champ iPhone. Analysts were quick to size up Droid's advantages, assess its chances, and even ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Dell XPS 13 laptop (early 2015 model)
- 2 HP Stream 8 tablet with Windows 8.1
- 3 Samsung Gear VR virtual reality headset
- 4 Alienware 13 gaming laptop
- 5 Toshiba Portege Z20t Ultrabook (PT15BA-00500Y)
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- EFF questions US government's software flaw disclosure policy
- US trade body to investigate Apple after Ericsson complaints
- With Tidal relaunch, Jay Z doubles down on streaming for audiophiles
- Silk Road investigators charged with stealing bitcoin
- HP links Vertica and IDOL seeking better unstructured data analysis
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTMobile Sales managerNSW
- FTEmail Campaign Manager - leading fashion group!NSW
- FTAgency Sales Manager - Software Sales - Major Global Tech Company!NSW
- FTDigital Producer - Mobile AppsNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTMedia Sales Executive - Client Side!!NSW
- FTCRM Campaign ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTProduct Producer | MobileNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- FTDigital Producer - ConsumerNSW
- FTMarketing Executive | MusicNSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSales Manager - Seller AdvertisingNSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTDigital Communications Specialist | Internet Services| BrisbaneNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW