So far 2010 seems to be the year of Google Android. HTC has already flown the flag with its impressive flagship Desire smartphone, but Sony Ericsson's XPERIA X10 has also generated plenty of positive buzz.
It appears the saga of the lost (or stolen) iPhone prototype is drawing to a close.
In an explosive story, US blog Gizmodo has claimed to have found what is believed to be Apple's next-generation iPhone, already dubbed the iPhone 4G or iPhone HD.
Apple's iPad has been available for a short time, and you can already find apps to watch streaming movies, manage your Web passwords, use Twitter, do word processing and more.
Hoping Apple's new MacBook Pro updates might finally be able to chew through GPU-pummeling games like Crysis, Battlefield Bad Company 2, or Mass Effect 2? Keep on hoping for a better future model.
Google's much-hyped Android operating system for mobile phones is clearly making a statement in 2010 -- headed by HTC's flagship Desire smartphone. The first Android smartphone available through Telstra, the HTC Desire is the best Android handset yet...
After iPhone OS 3's release last summer, we pulled out our crystal ball, dusted it off, and tried to look ahead to iPhone OS 4. Some of what we wanted to see were big features, others were small tweaks. (Be sure to take a quick look at our original ...
Without a doubt the most anticipated tech launch so far this year, the iPad is set to follow in the footsteps of the iPhone and create a publicity storm that only Apple could pull off.
As we approach the one-year anniversary of the launch of the iPhone 3GS, rumors are beginning to circulate about what we can expect from an iPhone 4G. One of the most-wanted, and most-speculated features for the next-generation iPhone OS is the abili...
Steve Jobs once said that Microsoft stole Windows from Apple, but there has been plenty of idea snatching on both sides over the years. Windows 7 and Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard each contain features that originated in the other OS. Some features were...
Apple has announced it is suing Taiwanese maker of smartphones HTC for infringing on 20 patents.
Apple's lawsuit against Nexus One maker HTC and its ongoing legal battles with Nokia and Kodak suggest a universal truth: that lawyers start where innovation stops. Maybe smartphone innovation has slowed so much that Apple now finds it easier to play...
Apple, Google and Microsoft are locked in a three-way struggle for industry dominance, competing to varying degrees on hardware, computer and cell phone operating systems, applications, entertainment, Internet search and more.
Last summer, it looked like Apple was finally going to make its Macs and iPhones enterprise-capable, giving hope to those who wanted a more stable, less failure-prone option at the office.
As the dust settles from the launch of the Apple iPad -- a device that looks rather like an oversized iPod Touch -- reaction is mixed. Apple fan boys are no doubt already champing at the bit, but others aren't so sure; after all, this isn't an iPhone...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCService Design SpecialistNSW
- CCJava API DeveloperTAS
- FTCitrix AdministratorNSW
- FT2nd Line Engineer - CitrixVIC
- FTProject Manager - Process Transformation / AutomationNSW
- TPAEM Developer (frontend)NSW
- CCSenior Technical Business AnalystACT
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCInformation Security ConsultantNSW
- CCEmail Production SpecialistQLD
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Information Management SMENSW
- TPSAP FICO Functional AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS Software EngineerNSW
- FTRuby On Rails DeveloperVIC
- CCAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)QLD
- FTUX / UI DesignerVIC
- FTSenior Project EngineerNSW
- CCSenior UX DesignerNSW
- FTSolution DesignerNSW
- TPIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTPractice AdvisorNSW
- FTHadoop DeveloperSA
- CCSolution Designer - MulesoftVIC
- CCJava Developer - Baseline Clearance requiredVIC