A new liberal advocacy group has targeted Apple as a tax "cheater" for its leadership in a coalition calling for Congress to allow U.S. companies to return foreign earnings to the country at a greatly reduced tax rate.
If you're attending Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference next week, you'll want to pick up the official conference app, released Thursday for both the iPhone and iPad, and check out new updated information on the WWDC Web site.
Foxconn has reopened all its polishing workshops, other than the one at Chengdu in China, which <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/article/228387/three_dead_after_foxconn_factory_blast_apple_investigating.html">was shut down</a> after a blast there on M...
Apple is set to unveil a sleeve of cloud services called iCloud. Apple boss Steve Jobs will make the long-awaited announcement June 6 at the Worldwide Developers Conference in San Francisco.
Mac users and those who offer administration and support to them find themselves in the security rat race for the first time, as MacDefender scareware has rapidly adapted to avoid Apple's detection.
Apple on Wednesday updated the malware engine included with Snow Leopard to detect the newest version of MacDefender, the fake antivirus program that's plagued users for the last month.
Can Microsoft's next-generation, touch-oriented Windows 8 OS give Microsoft a leg-up in the tablet computer market now dominated by Apple's iPad?
No question, the iPad and iPhone are amazing devices. But the iOS operating system isn't perfect. For example: How come AT&T rebills customers every month for cellular data service without asking? Do you really have to buy a AirPrint-compatible prin...
When former Google CEO Eric Schmidt took the stage at the AllThingsD conference, it was almost guaranteed that he would blurt out something controversial. But Schmidt didn't go over the top -- he did, however, admit that Google "screwed up" on its so...
In order to keep a tight leash on future Windows tablets, Microsoft is reportedly asking each chip maker to work with a single computer maker.
Google revealed today that "hundreds" of Gmail accounts were compromised in a nasty spear phishing attack that targeted high-profile U.S. military and government officials, among others.
The gang responsible for a month-long plague of fake Mac security software has already updated their "scareware" to evade defenses Apple put in place late Tuesday, a security company confirmed today.
Apple today took administrative control of the iCloud.com domain less than a week before CEO Steve Jobs is to unveil his company's new cloud-based service.
Mobile movie- and music-makers can add a few new tools to their toolbelts: On Wednesday, Apple released updates for both GarageBand and iMovie for iPad, adding new import options for the first, performance fixes for the latter, and AirPlay and HDMI s...
Apple today released new versions of its iWork apps for the iPhone and iPod Touch, adding support for the productivity programs to its smaller devices.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo tunes N23 Yoga Chromebook for Android apps with ARM processor
- Cisco's all-in-one Spark Board puts the cloud on a wall
- Box launches standalone Notes app to help teams collaborate
- HP recalls over 100,000 more laptop batteries for fire hazard
- Cloud services accounted for half of revenue growth at SAP in 2016
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Travel and Expense Management SystemQLD
- FTSenior Security Sales SpecialistVIC
- FTTechnical Support RepresentativeNSW
- FTLead Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- FTSystem EngineerVIC
- FTWeb Front- End DeveloperSA
- CCAccessability TesterACT
- CCData Modeller and Business Analyst - Integration ProjectQLD
- CCTest Specialist - NetworkVIC
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCDevops EngineerVIC
- CCSCRUM MasterVIC
- FTTechnology Testing Services ManagerVIC
- FTLinux Systems EngineerQLD
- CCSenior Full-stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Front End Web DeveloperNSW
- TPSALESFORCE DEVELOPERQLD
- TPSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- FTSnr SOC Security Coordinator - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCNetwork Architect / Lead Network EngineerACT
- CCeLearning Support Officer - Moodle/Google appsACT
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Services EngineerNSW
- CCIT Risk Specialist (Assurance) - TelcoVIC
- CCNetwork Security Specialist - Palo Alto Firewall ExpertVIC