Playboy managed to bypass Apple's puritan rule over the App Store and launch a Web app containing all the back issues of the adult magazine.
Component supply issues that left Apple unable to produce as many iPad 2 units as it had planned have reportedly eased.
Intel has firmly insisted that it is the owner of the Thunderbolt trademark, not Apple.
Apple is tweaking the look of its retail stores in what could be another marketing coup for the consumer electronics powerhouse.
Foxconn Technology Group, manufacturer of popular consumer tech products such as the Apple iPhone, iPod, and iPad, as well as Dell computers, had a large explosion and fire at one of its manufacturing plants in southwestern China Friday night.
Future versions of Apple's iPhone will support China Mobile's fourth generation (4G) network, China's largest mobile carrier said, a sign that it will eventually offer the iconic device to its 600 million customers.
Microsoft said this week that it has evidence of a link between the fake security software now plaguing Mac users and a hard-charging family of similar software on Windows.
Another day, another report saying Android rules the smartphone world, this time from Gartner.
Mac Defender is turning out to be somewhat of an epidemic that neither Apple, nor Mac users seem prepared for. The Mac malware has caught the Apple ecosystem off guard and threatens to shatter the reality distortion field that Apple thrives on.
Apple's Mac App Store puts users at risk because it's slow to update vulnerable software, a security researcher said Wednesday.
Apple may have online music streaming deals in place with all four major U.S. music labels in time for the company's Worldwide Developers Conference on June 6, according to online rumors. The company recently signed a deal with EMI Music and is clos...
The U.S. Congress needs to pass new laws to protect smartphone customers from having their locations tracked by operating systems and applications, members of a Senate subcommittee said Thursday.
Android became the most popular smartphone operating system worldwide in the first quarter of 2011, while Apple saw its share of the market grow, according to a report Gartner issued Thursday on sales of mobile phones to end users.
Large numbers of web browsers run out of date plug-ins that render them vulnerable to security exploits, a new analysis by security management company Qualys has found.
Mac users don't have to worry about malware, right? Well, for many years that's been true, although the reasons were always the topic of contentious debate between the Apple faithful and various security researchers, many of whom predicted Mac securi...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
- An IoT botnet is partly behind Friday's massive DDOS attack
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
- Easy-to-exploit rooting flaw puts Linux computers at risk
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCInformation Security Consultant - RSA ArcherNSW
- CCPOS EngineerNSW
- CCJunior Programmer (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 161017/JP/221Asia
- FTSoftware Development ManagerNSW
- CCICT Project Reporting Planning CoordinatorNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (CISCO/IT Security) 161028/AP/142Asia
- FTKronos AdministratorNSW
- CCContract IT Helpdesk Support (Lotus Notes) 161007/ITHS/vmpAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 161031/AP/512Asia
- CCJava DeveloperNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-month renewable Contract)Asia
- FTDigital DeveloperNSW
- CCServiceNow ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Margin ProjectsNSW
- FTTest ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager - Payroll SystemsSA
- CCSAP Finance Business AnalystNSW
- FTSOE ConsultantACT
- CCWeb Analytics AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - experience in IDAM a MUSTNSW
- CCSAP FIORIACT
- FTEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTDigital Optimisation and Analytics SpecialistNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW