The Monday 6 June kick-off of the Apple Worldwide Developers Conference will include the official unveiling of the new Apple operating systems OS X Lion, iOS 5 for mobile devices, and the Apple iCloud online service.
Apple has launched its iWork suite of productivity apps for the iPhone and iPod touch, with the individual Pages, Numbers and Keynote apps costing $12.99 each from the Australian App Store. The apps, which were previously only available to iPad users...
Apple CEO Steve Jobs will take the stage at the company's developer conference next week to introduce iCloud -- Apple's new cloud service -- and the next version of its mobile operating system, iOS 5.
Taking the stage a second time after going on medical leave five months ago, Apple CEO Steve Jobs is slated to announce the iCloud services offering at the company's Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) next week.
There is a new world order. MacDefender, and subsequently MacGuard, demonstrate that the inherent security by obscurity of the Mac is fading, and that attackers are looking at the bigger picture.
Apple users are getting new details about one malware scare, but should be careful not to fall victim to another that may be lurking.
Microsoft is putting together a Web-based version of its application store for Windows Phone 7 smartphones, in the fashion of leading app stores from Apple and Google. The Web-based Windows Phone 7 Marketplace will arrive this autumn, in time for the...
Apple may have conquered the Mac Defender malware with an official support page and a promise to wipe out the problem through a software update, but that's not stopping malware authors from fighting back.
What's the biggest "overhang on Microsoft's stock," according to hedge fund manager David Einhorn? The continued presence of Microsoft's CEO, Steve Ballmer.
Amazon today launched a Mac-specific application download store that will compete with Apple's nearly five-month-old Mac App Store.
You'd think it was the end of the world.
Apple says it has a fix in the works for the Mac Defender fake antivirus app that has plagued a surprising number of Mac users in recent weeks. The company recently posted a Mac Defender support page explaining how you can remove the malware from you...
Macintosh users are finding out the hard way what Microsoft Windows users have known for a long time: Criminals want to sell them fake anti-virus software by scaring them with lies that their computer is infected.
Hours after Apple owned up to a fake security software scam campaign, the "scareware" gang released a new variant, with a new name and a streamlined installation process that doesn't prompt victims for their password, a French antivirus firm said tod...
A U.S. senator wants Apple and Google to require some applications in their mobile app stores to have privacy policies as a way to protect users against location tracking.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
- New details emerge about Intel's super-small Euclid computer for robots
- Microsoft will soon end Office 2013 distribution through Office 365
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCSystem EngineerSA
- FTiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - SCCM & Lync/Skype for BusinessQLD
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- TPMS Dynamics Post Implementation BAQLD
- CCICT Strategy ConsultantNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCPeoplesoft SpecialistACT
- TPSALESFORCE DEVELOPERQLD
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- FTTechnical Account ManagerNSW
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness Development Manager - Queensland TerritoryQLD
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- CCDevops EngineerVIC
- CCData Modeller and Business Analyst - Integration ProjectQLD
- TPTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- CCTest Specialist - NetworkVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst-DevOpsNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXNSW
- CCCapacity and Performance Analyst - Mainframe - Z SystemsVIC