Foxconn has reopened all its polishing workshops, other than the one at Chengdu in China, which <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/article/228387/three_dead_after_foxconn_factory_blast_apple_investigating.html">was shut down</a> after a blast there on M...
Apple is set to unveil a sleeve of cloud services called iCloud. Apple boss Steve Jobs will make the long-awaited announcement June 6 at the Worldwide Developers Conference in San Francisco.
Mac users and those who offer administration and support to them find themselves in the security rat race for the first time, as MacDefender scareware has rapidly adapted to avoid Apple's detection.
Apple on Wednesday updated the malware engine included with Snow Leopard to detect the newest version of MacDefender, the fake antivirus program that's plagued users for the last month.
Can Microsoft's next-generation, touch-oriented Windows 8 OS give Microsoft a leg-up in the tablet computer market now dominated by Apple's iPad?
No question, the iPad and iPhone are amazing devices. But the iOS operating system isn't perfect. For example: How come AT&T rebills customers every month for cellular data service without asking? Do you really have to buy a AirPrint-compatible prin...
When former Google CEO Eric Schmidt took the stage at the AllThingsD conference, it was almost guaranteed that he would blurt out something controversial. But Schmidt didn't go over the top -- he did, however, admit that Google "screwed up" on its so...
In order to keep a tight leash on future Windows tablets, Microsoft is reportedly asking each chip maker to work with a single computer maker.
Google revealed today that "hundreds" of Gmail accounts were compromised in a nasty spear phishing attack that targeted high-profile U.S. military and government officials, among others.
The gang responsible for a month-long plague of fake Mac security software has already updated their "scareware" to evade defenses Apple put in place late Tuesday, a security company confirmed today.
Apple today took administrative control of the iCloud.com domain less than a week before CEO Steve Jobs is to unveil his company's new cloud-based service.
Mobile movie- and music-makers can add a few new tools to their toolbelts: On Wednesday, Apple released updates for both GarageBand and iMovie for iPad, adding new import options for the first, performance fixes for the latter, and AirPlay and HDMI s...
Apple today released new versions of its iWork apps for the iPhone and iPod Touch, adding support for the productivity programs to its smaller devices.
Facebook seems unable to stop scammers from circulating malicious Web links that install fake antivirus software on victims' computers.
The Monday 6 June kick-off of the Apple Worldwide Developers Conference will include the official unveiling of the new Apple operating systems OS X Lion, iOS 5 for mobile devices, and the Apple iCloud online service.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Russian hackers use OAuth, fake Google apps to phish users
- Palantir to pay US$1.7 million to settle racial hiring bias claim
- Old Windows Server machines can still fend off hacks. Here's how
- Huawei, Google supercharge Android with new Raspberry Pi-like board
- See Sedric drive: Volkswagen shows off first autonomous concept car
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- FTPHP Full Stack DeveloperQLD
- FTFront End Web DeveloperACT
- CCPeoplesoft ConsultantNSW
- FTICT Sales Account ManagerQLD
- TPBI AnalystQLD
- FTHRIS Systems Support Analyst (Kronos)NSW
- FTSenior Digital Business Analyst, AGILE, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCIXD/Interaction DesignerVIC
- CCSystems Engineer - WintelQLD
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSOE Business AnalystACT
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)SA
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- TPSAP Supply Lead - MM/LogisticsQLD
- FTFront-end Developer (UX/UI)NSW
- FTSystem AnalystQLD
- FTTesting and Quality Assurance AnalystNSW
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- FTProject Coordinator - Telecommunications InfrastructureNSW
- FTService Delivery ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- TP.Net DeveloperVIC