A recently published Apple patent application indicates the company may have plans to collect iPhone user location history but it's not clear if the patent application is related to the recent discovery that iPhones and iPads store historical locatio...
In the midst of an uproar over ways that Apple and Google collect and store location information from mobile phones, Microsoft has laid out details about its Windows Phone 7 data collection policies.
Minnesota Senator Al Franken and the attorney general of Illinois have separately pressed Apple and Google to provide more information about the location data they collect about their end users.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission can take new steps to encourage broadband deployment, including an awards program for local governments that make it easy for providers to install infrastructure, an advisory committee to the agency said Mon...
The race for the cloud is on and Apple could beat Google to it. According to a Reuters report Google's unannounced cloud music service is said to be stalling, while Apple is already talking with labels ahead of release, fuelling speculation that Appl...
I chuckled at Apple’s explanation yesterday of its tablet sales coming up short of expectations: “We can’t make them fast enough,” Apple’s COO Tim Cook said during an earnings call with analysts. Were he speaking for any other company, his statement ...
Apple appears to be headed for a Google-size privacy snafu over its iOS location-tracking database after lawmakers in Europe and Washington recently started asking questions.
Here's the latest roundup of Apple iPhone 5 rumors and speculation. The basic idea: It will be better than iPhone 4.
Apple has long prided itself on the environmental consciousness behind its products, and consistently aims to get greener. But according to Greenpeace's report measuring the amount and type of energy consumed by top tech companies' data centers, Appl...
If you think it's hard to get your hands on an Apple iPad 2 now, gird up your loins: It's likely to get harder.
A Who's Who of IT bellwethers including Apple, IBM, Intel and Qualcomm issued strong financial reports this week, the height of earnings season, reinforcing forecasts for a strong year for the tech sector.
The availability of the iPhone on Verizon and AT&T's discount on the iPhone 3GS kept Android at bay in the enterprise, at least for customers of Good Technology.
Samsung Electronics has hit back at Apple with lawsuits in three countries alleging infringement of patents on smartphone technologies. Last week Apple sued Samsung for allegedly copying features of Apple's iPad, iPod Touch and iPhone in its Galaxy s...
Verizon Communication reported revenue of US$27 billion for the first quarter of 2011, up 0.3 percent from a year earlier, with the company pointing to growth in mobile customers as a cause for optimism.
While Apple's iPhone is selling well across the globe, China has emerged as its fastest growing market for the device.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- A Turkish hacker is giving out prizes for DDoS attacks
- Qualcomm's new chip may be too late as ARM server market fades
- Democrats unveil bill to probe Russia's role in alleged election hacks
- Halo 5: Forge's multiplayer is now more accessible on PC with a new custom game browser
- Amazon replaces cashiers with AI and computer learning
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTProject Manager - Security Operations CentreVIC
- TPMicrosoft Dynamics CRM Developer/ AdministratorWA
- CCSenior Security AnalystACT
- TPFrontend DeveloperNSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FT2 x Firewall Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)NSW
- FTGraduate DeveloperNSW
- FTTraining & Implementation Manager, PlatformNSW
- TPSAP FICO Functional AnalystQLD
- FTSecurity EngineerVIC
- FTIT Business PartnerNSW
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCSolution Designer - MulesoftVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTUI DeveloperVIC
- FTServicing Financial Planner - CBDNSW
- CCSenior Performance Test AnalystSA
- CCProgram Business Change Director - HR PayrollNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst- System/ Solution DevelopmentNSW
- CCFunctional Consultant - Brisbane locationOther
- CCSenior PMO Coordinator, FinanceNSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterQLD