Android smartphones beat out iPhone and BlackBerry devices for the first time in the U.S. in the latest Nielsen Co. survey conducted just prior to Verizon Wireless sales of the iPhone.
News from Apple and Teradata along with various economic forecasts this week show that at seemingly opposite ends of the technology-product spectrum, non-PC mobile devices and IT capable of handling extremely high volumes of data are major forces sha...
A U.S. Department of Justice spokeswoman would not comment Friday on reports that the agency is investigating patent management firm MPEG LA for allegedly trying to suppress an open-source video compression format supported by Google.
If Black Duck Software's knowledge base of open source software projects serves as a barometer, then Google's Android software platform led the way in open source software development projects for mobile devices last year, followed by Apple's iOS pla...
Apple's practical and evolutionary iPad 2 will be the cheapest and most refined tablet on the market when it launches March 11, but it's not for everyone. Whether you categorically oppose Apple products, loathe the iOS operating system, or just want ...
Apple's new iPad 2 tablet computer will only strengthen the company's grip in one market that isn't even a priority for it: the enterprise. And that leaves IT groups still struggling with how to manage and secure a wildly popular mobile device.
At the risk of offending Apple fans far and wide, I can't for the life of me see what there is to be excited about in Apple's new iPad.
Apple and accessory makers are offering cases and jackets that fit the dimensions of the thinner and lighter iPad 2, which was announced on Wednesday. The iPad 2 is 8.8 millimeters thick, compared to the 13.4-millimeter thickness of the original iPad...
Gartner on Thursday lowered its growth forecast for worldwide PC shipments in 2011, joining a growing number of analysts who believe Apple's iPad 2 will bridge the remaining gap between laptops and tablets this year.
Judged on specs alone, the Apple iPad 2 doesn't do much more than keep pace with its tablet rivals. It's a bit thinner that its major rivals -- the Motorola Xoom, Galaxy Tab 10.1, HP TouchPad and BlackBerry PlayBook -- and lighter than most. But its ...
Apple's iPad 2 is the lighter, thinner and faster tablet we were all expecting, but it's no revolution.
The next iteration of the iPad is coming to an Apple Store near you on March 11</a> at 5 p.m. local time. Apple's new iPad 2 features an Apple-branded 1GHz A5 dual-core processor, 9.7-inch screen with 1024-by-768 resolution, front- and rear-facing ca...
Charles Edge, author of Enterprise iPhone and iPad Administrator's Guide and director of technology at IT consultancy 318, was talking to a CIO as Apple CEO Steve Jobs unveiled the iPad 2 today.
The iPad 2 is finally here (well, actually shipping March 11). The tech industry, which has been keeping a sharp eye on the rise of the disruptive tablet, as well as making smart predictions about the iPad 2 for months, was pretty much on the mark. T...
After making its first appearance in the iPad 2, the next stop for Apple's A5 chip could be in the next version of the iPhone, where it would bring a significant boost in graphics and application performance without compromising battery life, analyst...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystWA
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- FTPHP ProgrammerSA
- CCProgram Manager - Big Data - Telecommunications - UrgentNSW
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- CCSolution Architect - Biomedical - South Australia locationSA
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC
- CCSharePoint AdministratorACT
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Project Manager - SecurityNSW
- CCCitrix Systems EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- CCProject Manager - Customer Engagement / NPSVIC
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- CCDesktop Support Engineer/Service Desk AnalystNSW