Braving rain and cold, eager customers lined up on Friday outside Apple's retail store on Fifth Avenue in New York to purchase the iPad 2, which officially went on sale at 5 p.m. Eastern Time.
The Black Hat Europe conference in Barcelona next week will feature a keynote on cyberwar from Bruce Schneier, and presentations on security flaws in Apple's Mac OS X and SAP's business software.
The CEO of mobile payment service startup Square called accusations that the company was distributing credit-card skimming devices inaccurate and unfair.
When it comes to browser security, Internet Explorer usually gets ridiculed and beaten up the most. And though Microsoft's IE8 was quickly unraveled at Pwn2Own, Apple's Safari 5 was hugely embarrassed by getting hacked in five seconds flat.
While rival manufacturers have been scrambling to put out their own tablet computers, it seems that none of them has captured the public imagination as Apple's iPad has.
Hewlett-Packard CEO Leo Apotheker has made it clear: Starting next year, the company's WebOS mobile operating system will run on pretty much every laptop or desktop that HP ships. And that's good news for HP customers -- and end users in general -- ...
Apple's rivals have lost headway in convincing American consumers to pick their tablets over the iPad, a market researcher said today.
Apple's update for iOS 4, released Wednesday (two days earlier than expected), offers a number of changes and new features for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch owners, plus 59 security patches for the mobile version of Safari.
Sales of Apple's iPad battered Acer's netbooks and notebooks sales so badly that Dell was able to regain its second-place position in the global PC market.
With all eyes on the iPad 2 that becomes available tomorrow at 5 p.m. in each time zone, Apple has released its iOS 4.3 update for the first-gen iPad, iPhone 3G&nbsp;S, non-Verizon Wireless iPhone 4, and recent iPod Touch models. InfoWorld.com ra...
Coders plunged into the iOS 4.3 firmware Apple has released ahead of its iPad 2 launch Friday and found clues that the iPhone 5 will sport the same dual-core A5 processor as the new Apple tablet computer.
With the launch of the Motorola Xoom, and impending arrival of the BlackBerry PlayBook, HP TouchPad, and a plethora of other tablets, the competition is mounting for the Apple iPad. However, a survey from ChangeWave finds that the dominance of Apple'...
Apple's Safari and Microsoft's Internet Explorer (IE) both fell to the first hackers who tried their luck on the browsers at Wednesday's opening day of Pwn2Own.
According to the latest rumours, Apple is planning to unveil the latest version of its iOS operating system for iPhones, iPads and iPod Touch devices, along with a revamped MobileMe service in 'early April'.
The controversial Quickbar feature Twitter introduced in its latest iOS client is now less annoying. Twitter filed an update for the app with Apple, which now modifies the behavior of the Quickbar from floating over tweets to being pinned down at the...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Why Melbourne Cup online betting servers win with Flash
- Chinese firm admits its hacked products were behind massive DDoS attack
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4b in content play
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCField EngineerVIC
- CCFront End Developer (UI) - 12 Month ContractNSW
- FTSr. Insight SpecialistVIC
- CCJava Developers - Federal Government experienceNSW
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 161013/JP/602Asia
- CCContract Junior Programmer (PC LAN Support) 161028/JP/203Asia
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 161019/JP/552Asia
- FTSOE ArchitectNSW
- CCICT Project ManagerNSW
- CCICT Project Reporting Planning CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Security EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Commercial and Bid ManagerVIC
- CCSAP Release & Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/Web) 161014/SA/922Asia
- FTEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior .Net Software EngineerVIC
- CCSystem TestersQLD
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerSA
- CCData Centre EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Oracle/PL/SQL) 160930/AP/vtdAsia
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD