A teardown analysis of Motorola's Xoom tablet by IHS iSuppli found its materials cost nearly $360, compared with $320 for materials in the comparable 32GB iPad 3G.
Microsoft Internet Explorer use is dropping and Web application traffic is surging according to one study of how employees at about 2,000 companies made use of the Internet over the past year.
Popular online backup provider Mozy plans to notify customers of its MozyHome service tomorrow that it plans to soon launch mobile applications for Apple iOS- and Android-based devices.
InfoWorld has been putting the major contenders up against Apple's iPhone for several years, and the iPhone handily has won each time. But with Motorola Mobility's new Atrix 4G smartphone, the iPhone's reign may be coming to a close.
Apple on Wednesday is expected to announce its latest iPad, but buyers are on the fence about purchasing the device and hope it will be a major upgrade from the original iPad.
Despite apparent light demand for the Verizon iPhone 4 on launch day, estimates suggest Verizon and Apple sold around one million of the devices by the end of its weekend. Scott Moritz of The Street reports that analyst estimates put the number of Ve...
Windows 8 tablets are definitely on the way, but a taste of the finished product could be coming sooner than you think.
Tired of all the iPad 2 predictions? So are we. With a nod to David Letterman's Top Ten list Signs You've Purchased a Bad iPhone, here are our favorite (yet fake) headlines that will no doubt be lost in the iPad 2 hoopla.
Apple should get a jump on the tablet competition Wednesday by dropping the price of the iPad and expanding its distribution, an analyst said today.
A former Apple manager accused of accepting kickbacks from Asian iPhone and iPod accessory suppliers pleaded guilty Monday in a San Jose, Calif. federal court, and has been ordered to forfeit $2.3 million in money and property.
The U.S. Senate is debating an overhaul of the nation's patent system this week, but several technology groups have opposed the bill, saying it would hurt innovation and overload the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Information Builders upped its ante in mobile BI (business intelligence) software on Tuesday, announcing a product suite that includes native capabilities for Apple and Android devices.
At the Cebit show on Tuesday SAP will show off an upcoming application called Sales OnDemand that could be a potential rival to the likes of Salesforce.com and Microsoft CRM Online.
China Unicom announced a new smartphone and software platform Monday, Wophone, that will rival Apple's iPhone, Google's Android and China Mobile's Ophone offerings.
Paul Devine, a former Apple manager accused of taking kickbacks from the company's suppliers in Asia, pled guilty in a San Jose federal court to wire fraud, conspiracy and money laundering, the U.S. Department of Justice said Monday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- CCSAP Business Analyst - FinanceNSW
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- CCAEM Backend DeveloperVIC
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCSystems Administrator with developer skills | Defence intelligence | NV2 clearedACT
- CCTechnical OfficerACT
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160617/AP/623Asia
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- FTFront End .Net Developer (.Net / Angular / Bootstrap)NSW
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- CCSystems Monitoring Specialist - Foglight focusNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT