The $599 price for the Wi-Fi only Xoom tablet from Motorola Mobility has triggered an online debate about whether it's competitive with Apple's iPad 2 or way overpriced.
The latest Android smartphone loaded Web pages 52 per cent faster than iPhone 4 running iOS 4.3, according to thousands of independent field tests released today by Blaze Software.
Android hasn't just surpassed Apple's iPhone in terms of total device sales, but in Web page load time as well.
Apple on Thursday called independent tests by Blaze Software that showed the Android-based Nexus S smartphone browsed the Web 52% faster than the iPhone 4 to be "flawed."
Apple's decision to shave the iPad 2's profile and reduce its weight may mean a slight increase in broken screens, a repair expert said today.
Your new iPad 2 might not be as full-featured (or as complicated) as a laptop or desktop PC, but a few neat tricks are still hidden between the surface. Read on to learn how to secure your iPad, sync your bookmarks, and more.
You can thank me in advance for not calling the ultra-slim Samsung 9 Series laptop a "MacBook Air killer," which it certainly is not. It is, however, a sleek featherweight of a portable PC, one that gives Apple's attractive Air a run for its money in...
The world of new Hewlett-Packard CEO Leo Apotheker is lot more complicated than the one imagined by his predecessors.
Last weeks' earthquake and tsunami in Japan may put a crimp in Apple's supply of flash memory, but its problem will pale in comparison to smaller firms, an analyst said today.
Although Java founder James Gosling left Oracle last year after a short, dissatisfying experience with the company following its acquisition of Sun Microsystems, he nonetheless sees Oracle as having no choice but to do a good job in its stewardship o...
Motorola Mobility announced today that its Wi-Fi-only Xoom tablet will hit the U.S. market on March 27 for $599 from a variety of retailers.
No wonder everybody's gunning for Netflix. The video-streaming service is more popular than many of us imagined. A new study by market research firm The NPD Group shows that Netflix's share of streamed or downloaded digital movies was a competition-c...
Microsoft has nixed any future iterations of its Zune music and video player, according to a Bloomberg report, adding another name on the list of devices killed by Apple's iPod hardware and entertainment ecosystem. Microsoft has yet to make the death...
Apple's release of iOS 4.3 has caused some incompatibility problems for augmented reality company Layar. Some images and icons in Layar's client are displayed incorrectly or not at all, the company said in a blog post on Tuesday.
Last week, we informed you that iOS 4.3 had been jailbroken less than 24 hours after Apple released the new software. Apple then released the iPad 2, an guess what? It too has been jailbroken!
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung still struggling with the recovery of Note7 phones from users
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
- Microsoft wants to enable cellular PCs, but will carriers bite?
- Microsoft-Qualcomm deal finally puts Windows 10 and Win32 apps on ARM devices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTLevel 1/2 Service Desk AnalystWA
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCSystem EngineerVIC
- FTSecurity Delivery Manager l Security, Governance, Delivery & OperationNSW
- CCNetwork Support EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS Software EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Application Specialist (Cerner)QLD
- FTDesktop Support Team LeaderQLD
- FTProject Manager / Senior Business AnalystSA
- TPPHP Programmer - SeniorQLD
- FTCommercial, Contract, Vendor ManagementVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCCX Performance & Insights AnalystNSW
- CCInfrastructure Architect - Immediate Start - Migration Project -Hyper-V & VMWareNSW
- FTProject Delivery Manager | PortfolioQLD
- PTProject ManagersACT
- CCSEM / PPC / Paid Search Specialist - 6 Month Contract RoleNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTPrincipal Product Manager | Cloud | Managed ServicesNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTSolution Architect - PHPACT
- FTHead of User ResearchNSW
- CCChange & Release AdministratorNSW
- CCService Desk Quality Assurance SpecialistNSW