Apple COO Tim Cook at Verizon's iPhone 4 launch event in New York. Tim Cook, Apple's current chief operating officer, will be named the company's CEO sometime this year, an analyst predicted today.
Additional details have emerged regarding the more than 800 patents Novell is selling to the Microsoft-led consortium CPTN Holdings for US$450 million, about two months after the deal was first announced.
Almost two years after taking a medical leave of absence, Apple CEO Steve Jobs Monday announced he’s taking another one.
Analysts firms are predicting that Android will make serious gains in the mobile device operating system market this year.
Apple CEO Steve Jobs will take a leave of absence from the company for medical reasons, but will remain involved in major strategic decisions, the company said Monday. He will leave day-to-day operations to COO Tim Cook.
As the anticipated announcement of an iPad refresh draws nearer, the tidbits of insider information are seeping out at faster rates.
With Steve Jobs taking another medical leave, Apple customers, investors, partners and employees are again left to wonder what implications this will have for the company's stock, financial performance, product development and business operations.
More than three years after the iPhone was first hacked, computer security experts think they've found a whole new way to break into mobile phones -- one that could become a big headache for Apple, or for smartphone makers using Google's Android soft...
The first iPad-only newspaper from News Corp's Rupert Murdoch has been delayed by a few weeks, according to All Things Digital, a publication owned be the media mogul. Called The Daily, the tablet-exclusive publication was expected to be unveiled nex...
Apple will reward the customer who downloads the 10 billionth app from the iOS App Store with a $10,000 iTunes gift card, the company said today.
Remember the hack for the Apple TV that allowed you to use Last.FM and browse the web? The guys over at FireCore are back with a whole new free hack, this time aimed at simplifying the jailbreaking process for the second-generation Apple TV.
Apple isn't wasting any time getting to work this January after bringing the iPhone to Verizon earlier this week. The company released the first beta version of iOS 4.3 for iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch and Apple TV on Wednesday night. The new version of ...
Doom-and-gloom PC prophecies tend to blame the iPad for laptop declines, but IDC and Gartner aren't sounding the alarms just yet.
Thinking about getting a Verizon iPhone now that AT&T has lost its U.S. exclusivity arrangement with Apple? Well, not so fast. Verizon might have the reputation for being the more reliable network, but judging by PCWorld's most recent 3G speed te...
BOSTON -- With dozens of new tablets hitting the market in 2011, Research in Motion (RIM) faces an uphill climb with its upcoming 7-in. PlayBook tablet, which will run its BlackBerry Tablet OS.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTScrum MasterVIC
- CCAWS Developer/LeadNSW
- FTTechnical Team Lead - .Net / SharePointACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160523/AP/568Asia
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- FTInfrastructure Specialist - Sec Ops Network & OSAsia
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW
- FTSenior Java Developer / Technical LeadACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Developer - .Net, MVC, C#NSW
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/.Net) 160523/AP/254Asia
- CCIT Change CoordinatorNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCChange Manager- Success Factors/HCMNSW
- CCIteration Manager/Agile Project ManagerNSW
- FTImplementation / Deployment Specialist- Web Sphere, ESB, IIBNSW
- CCChange Manager - SAP FinanceNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- FTRelease Planning LeadVIC
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 1610524/CCO/vmtAsia