President Obama met with the CEOs of several high-profile technology companies, including Steve Jobs of Apple and Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook, in a private dinner Thursday night in Silicon Valley.
UberMedia, after getting its popular UberTwitter and other mobile social media apps shut down Friday by Twitter for alleged terms of service breaches, is reportedly changing its name to UberSocial as part of its effort to meet Twitter's terms.
A refreshed lineup of MacBook Pro laptops may debut next week, according to a Friday report by AppleInsider. Citing the ever-chatty "people familiar with the matter," the Apple-oriented blog says that Cupertino is mulling whether to launch the update...
Apple may be plotting a big MacBook Pro announcement as soon as next week, speculation fueled in part by an Intel ad.
An analyst with a strong track record of predicting new Apple products says Apple has a new device in the works with a screen size that falls somewhere in between that of the iPhone and iPad.
Twitter on Friday suspended three major mobile third-party applications for allegedly violating the company's use policies.
President Barack Obama reportedly will meet with Apple CEO Steve Jobs, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg, Google Executive Chairman Eric Schmidt and possibly other business leaders in “technology and innovation” in San Francisco Thursday night.
U.S. regulators are looking at the conditions Apple has set for media companies that want to distribute subscription content through its iPad and other devices, according to The Wall Street Journal.
BARCELONA -- AT&T Chairman Randall Stephenson today prodded carriers, manufacturers and regulators around the globe to create openness and interoperability in mobile devices, platforms and networks in a keynote address at the Mobile World Congres...
Apple today unveiled the details of its App Store subscription plan, and confirmed that it will demand its usual 30 per cent from publishers who sell content within their apps.
The Android versus iOS platform war is heating up. Just one day after Apple announced its new in-app subscription model, Google responded with a similar scheme. Google may soon launch its long-expected music service to compete with iTunes, and Apple ...
More and more traveling executives are leaving their laptops behind in favor of the iPad. They're writing documents, crunching numbers, and sharing files. Can you really swap your laptop with an iPad? Here is my three-part game plan for success...
Apple recently said it wants a 30 per cent cut of all subscriptions sold on iOS devices, including services that offer music, video, newspapers and magazines. But Apple's move may force digital publishers and content providers such as Netflix, Amazon...
In the battle between mobile platforms, one of the most critical factors is the success of the respective app library. The Apple App Store dominates all rivals in terms of sheer volume of apps, but Lookout Mobile Security's App Genome Project illustr...
Music streaming service Rhapsody today blasted Apple's decision to take a 30 per cent cut of all in-app subscription and content revenues, saying that the move makes its iPhone business model unsustainable.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Mac malware is found targeting biomedical research
- Slack finally launches threaded replies
- New $29 Pine64 computer takes on Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3
- Microsoft halts Minecraft updates for Windows 10 phones, as W10M consumer apps slowly die
- AMD talks tough as it drums up support for 32-core Zen server chip
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCBiztalk DeveloperVIC
- TPNetwork Security OfficerVIC
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- CCDigital Business Analyst l SalesforceNSW
- FTBusiness Solutions SpecialistNSW
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- CCBiztalk DeveloperQLD
- CCNetwork Security Engineer - Cisco ISEVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FT.NET DEVELOPER | MID-SENIOR LEVEL | MEDIA INDUSTRYNSW
- TPAnsarada Data Room AdministratorNSW
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- CCTechnical Business Analyst-DevOpsNSW
- CCIT Support AnalystVIC
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Travel and Expense Management SystemQLD
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst-DevOpsNSW