In a famous exhibit at the 1964 World's Fair in New York City, AT&T Bell Labs demonstrated the Picturephone Mod 1, a small, oval device with a camera and a screen that allowed two people to see each other while they talked over the telephone network....
Back when Steve Jobs introduced the new multi-touch iPod Nano in September, he joked that one of the members of Apple's Board of Directors was going to wear it as a watch. Naturally, designers immediately jumped on this idea and started churning out ...
Days after Apple released the iOS 4.2 software update for iPhones and iPads, another update to the OS is rumored to be arriving in December, together with News Corp's iPad-only news app. A corroborated report from Apple-centric blog MacStories claims...
As cool as some of the new devices are, we've yet to find one that offers everything we want in a tablet. Here are the essential features we'd expect to see on our dream slate.
The world of computing is at a crossroads. The primary computer for most users today is not a PC; it's a phone. While the PC sits on a desk at the office or on a coffee table at home, smartphones go everywhere with us and integrate into every part of...
Tim Berners-Lee, credited with creating the Web, has warned that social-networking sites, efforts to prioritize Web traffic and closed systems such as iTunes threaten the Web's capability to promote free speech and open doors to new scientific discov...
Christie's auction house in London today sold an Apple-1 computer for 133,250, or $213,600.
Nearly five months after Apple rolled out iOS 4 in tandem with the iPhone 4 launch, it has released the latest update for the software that powers its touch-screen lineup: iOS 4.2.1 (along with version 4.1 for the latest-generation Apple TV). The fre...
If you're an iPhone user, you'll find the just-released iOS 4.2 a solid, mildly useful new system update. There's nothing earth-shaking here, and nothing as significant as the multitasking features and folders that iOS 4.2 adds to the iPad.
Apple's iOS 4.2 software update for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch has officially been released into the wild, and already a bug has been found. Users are reporting that after they updated their devices music, videos, audio books, and podcasts seem...
Apple released iOS 4.2 into the wild about 24 hours ago, and users installing the software update have found improved HTML 5 features, quirky bugs and limited AirPlay support.
Apple has finally released the highly-anticipated iOS 4.2. While the attention around iOS 4.2 has been focused on the enhancements and new features -- particularly for the iPad, the update also fixes more than 80 vulnerabilities in the iPhone, iPod, ...
The U.S. International Trade Commission has voted to investigate a smartphone patent complaint brought by Apple against Motorola, the latest action in a recent patent dispute between the two companies.
Microsoft's beta was full of shocking omissions, and what shipped is even worse - but there's a glimmer of hope.
Down: Actually Updating the iPad
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Smart LED Bulb LB130
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® Portable SSD
Huawei Mate 9
Acer Swift 7
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Surface Pro 4
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Uber rejects claims it stole Waymo's self-driving car tech
- Microsoft Store has slashed the Asus ZenBook Flip's price by $200
- Google discloses unpatched IE vulnerability after Patch Tuesday delay
- FCC puts the brakes on ISP privacy rules it just passed in October
- Zenimax wants to block Oculus Rift headset sales, Gear VR games
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- CCWicked Front-End DeveloperVIC
- CCNetwork Specialist - IPAM TelcoVIC
- CCUnix AdministratorNSW
- CCPMO ManagerNSW
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTFinancial ERP Customer SME / Solution Consultant / System AccountantNSW
- CCWPF .NET EngineerNSW
- TPDatabase Integration SpecialistVIC
- CCProject Manager (Event Management)NSW
- TPGIS Developer - 6 month ContractQLD
- TPInformation Management SpecialistVIC
- CCTest LeadQLD
- CCAzure Architect/ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)ACT
- CCBPM DeveloperVIC
- CCGun Java Developer wanted...VIC
- CCDevops EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Networks Specialist - DNS PlatformVIC
- CCProject Manager - Adelaide basedNSW
- CCMDM Consultant/DesignerVIC
- TPAgile Business AnalystQLD
- TPBusiness Intelligence Program ManagerVIC
- FTProject Manager (Software product development)VIC
- CCTest Planner - Infrastructure/Data CentreACT