Does iOS 4 draw more juice than iOS 3? Short answer: yes, says Aaron Vronko, CEO of Rapid Repair, an iPhone and iPod repair shop.
Apple's well-documented control over the iPhone and apps took a major blow this week when the U.S. Library of Congress ruled that people who "jailbreak" phones to add non-Apple approved apps should be exempt from prosecution.
Apple's iPhone 4 is just days away from its Australian launch, and the telco price war is heating up. While people in the US got their hands on the iPhone 4 on 24 June, Aussies have been left with hanging until 30 July.
Sprint Nextel today said that its NextMail voice messaging service is now available on all of the devices the carrier sells.
Citigroup has urged customers conducting mobile banking from their iPhones to immediately upgrade because a security flaw in the older app secreted account information on the smartphone.
Apple lost its bid today to criminalise "jailbreaking," the practice of hacking an iPhone to install unauthorized apps on the smartphone, according to a decision by the U.S. Copyright Office and the Library of Congress.
Apple's latest iPhone, the iPhone 4, has finally hit Aussie shores. While US consumers were able to get their hands on Apple's latest gadget on 24 June, Australians had to wait until 30 July.
Future versions of Firefox are set to adopt a new tab design that will transform the browser's interface, a senior Mozilla developer has announced.
This is getting awkward. Apple on Friday targeted another smartphone on its antenna site, the Droid X.
A feature in Apple's Safari browser designed to make it easier to fill out forms could by abused by hackers to harvest personal information, according to a security researcher.
As promised last week, Apple today rolled out its free case program for iPhone 4 owners who are having reception problems with the popular new smartphone.
Barnes & Noble Thursday launched Nook for Android, a version of its free e-reading app for devices running Android 1.6 or higher, which include smartphones such as the Droid X.
Tired of getting a fail whale when you try to tweet or simply try to log onto Twitter ?
AT&T reported net income of $US4 billion for the second quarter of 2010, up nearly 26 percent from the second quarter of 2009, driven largely by increasing demand for Apple's iPhone and other smartphones, the company said Thursday.
Verizon Wireless and Motorola today said fewer than one-tenth of 1% of the new Droid X <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/topic/75/Smartphones">smartphones</a> that have been sold have experienced a "flickering" or "banding" on the display, and ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Amazon testing parcel deliveries by drones in the UK
- AMD packs 1TB SSD into a GPU for better VR and gaming
- AMD's Radeon Pro WX GPUs can create VR content for under $1,000
- AMD introduces a new Radeon Pro WX series to replace FirePro
- FBI probes DNC hack as suspicions of Russian involvement widen
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSOA -Solution Architect -baselineACT
- CCSAP Payroll Implement/Migration Project Manager/ SpecialistNSW
- FTProject Manager- Change ManagementSA
- CCGuidewire Developer - Policy Center 8NSW
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- CCBusiness Intelligence Developer - Initial 3mth ContractVIC
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- CCAgile Scrum MasterACT
- CCSAP MM / Ariba Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTSAP Basis ConsultantVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160726/AP/186Asia
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE) 160721/AP/075Asia
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Tester - Automation / Telecommunications (Urgent)NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCSenior Automation Engineer / TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- CCProject Coordinator/ Jr Business Analyst- Govt backgroundNSW
- FTService Desk ManagerNSW