Apple appears to be extending its touch offering from mobile devices to desktop-bound hardware, based on a patent application showing a touch-enabled iMac.
Federal agents found more than US$150,000 in cash when they searched the house of Apple manager Paul Devine earlier this month, prosecutors said in court Monday.
The Apple iPad has been embraced by businesses much faster than its iPhone predecessor. That acceptance is primarily a result of the success of the iPhone, but it also opens the door for iPad competitors to enter the business world more easily once t...
Apple has released a security update to its Mac OS X operating system, fixing a number of critical security issues in the software.
Apple has a revamped Apple TV dubbed iTV scheduled to launch this September, sources within the company purportedly told Digg founder Kevin Rose.
Those lamenting the choices in the battle against Apple's iPad are now being given two options from Hewlett Packard: WebOS or Windows.
Users of Apple's iTunes services should keep a close eye on PayPal and credit card statements for fraudulent iTunes charges.
As smartphones and tablet computers infiltrate medical operations, doctors are finding new applications to provide shortcuts for their busy work days. That includes a new voice-enabled medical search app for the iPhone announced by Nuance Communicati...
Despite Apple's talk about environmental friendliness, subscribing to iPad magazine apps now requires you to kill a tree.
Sure, if someone steals your iPhone, you might be able to remotely wipe it in order to protect sensitive data. But what about catching the thief? An Apple patent application, filed earlier this year but posted online Thursday, describes sophisticated...
A top executive at JLJ Holdings, the parent company of a Singapore-based Apple supplier named in an alleged kickback scheme, has stepped down from his position "for the time being" as the company pursues an investigation of the charges, it said Thurs...
Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak shared memories about memory on Thursday at the Flash Memory Summit in Santa Clara, California.
About 40 different Windows applications contain a critical flaw that can be used by attackers to hijack PCs and infect them with malware, a security researcher said Wednesday.
Court papers filed by the U.S. Government and Apple against a former manager detail a scheme that allegedly saw confidential Apple data supplied to Asian electronics companies over more than three years in return for kickbacks of more than US$1 milli...
An HTC tablet running Google's Chrome operating system will be sold by Verizon Wireless in late November, according to an unnamed source cited by the blog Downloadsquad.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSolution Designer - Investment/Trading PlatformNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCTraining Manager - SAP HR/ PayrollNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - Data ReconciliationQLD
- CCSiebel Developers x 8ACT
- FTSoftware / Web Development ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork Support EngineerNSW
- TPSAP HR Payroll Functional ConsultantQLD
- CCLevel 1 Help Desk - Immediate Start!QLD
- CCSenior Technical LeadACT
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedQLD
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCAPI DeveloperQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- FTProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- TPAndroid DeveloperNSW
- TPWordpress DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Architect, Financial MarketsNSW
- FTSecurity LeadWA
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS Software EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Test EngineerACT
- FTProject Management - Infrastructure projectsACT
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Application Specialist (Cerner)QLD