Facing mounting public relations troubles over the iPhone 4, Apple must act swiftly to quell customer complaints about poor reception by giving away free cases, crisis communication experts say.
As operating system upgrades go, Apple's iOS 3.2.1 patch for the iPad may not break new ground, but it does fix a few nagging problems, most notably a Wi-Fi connectivity issue reported by many iPad users.
Consumer Reports magazine said on Wednesday that Apple iPhone 4 owners can eliminate reception problems by enclosing their phones in the "Bumper" case Apple sells.
Today, Apple began seeding an iOS 4.1 pre-release to developers. As per usual, the beta requires an iPhone Developer account and an Intel Mac running the latest OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.4. Included is Xcode 3.2.4, which mainly brings support for iOS 4....
Apple has bought Poly9, a Quebec-based online mapping company, and has relocated most of the firm's employees to Apple's Silicon Valley offices, according to a report by French-Canadian news site Cyberpresse. PCWorld was unable to reach either Apple ...
A top Microsoft executive today compared Apple's iPhone 4 to his own company's problem-plagued Vista operating system.
ATLANTA -- The development of "smart TVs" is also leading, not surprisingly, to the creation of a smart remote as well, thanks to <a Intel.
Apple's second-generation iPad may feature 5.6- and 7-inch OLED screens, and may hit the shelves as soon as the fourth quarter of 2010, according to the Taipei-based Digitimes.
More consumers will be buying a smartphone in the next three months than ever before. And the big winner, by a big margin, is the super-achieving Apple iPhone.
As a chorus of pitchfork wielding iPhone 4 customers are demanding Apple admit to antenna problems, a less vocal minority are defending Apple. A cadre of noted analysts and influential bloggers are taking Apple's side in the antenna debacle.
Pardon the produce-heavy language, but Apple is in one serious pickle.
Apple's App Store may well be a haven of new, always-updated touch-based gaming experiences, but what if you have an urge for some retro gaming? A recent how-to will show you how to get Super Nintendo gaming on your iPad.
Hoping to make the most of a dispute between Google and Apple, Jumptap is offering developers who sign onto its mobile ad network the chance to collect 100 percent of their advertising revenue for a limited time.
Google's AdMob business could not deliver advertising through iAd if Apple began enforcing a policy that restricts the involvement of companies that have their own mobile operating systems, said Omar Hamoui, vice president of mobile ads at Google.
Despite recent reports that say Google's Android market will soon have 100,000 mobile phone apps, Google is still far short of the 225,000 apps available for the iPhone. But Google is enlisting a new weapon in its attempts to overtake Apple's numeric...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Microsoft beta lets workers build their own apps without coding
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
- 5 (more) reasons to be a data scientist
- FCC wireless auction hits spectrum target, paving way for fast, reliable 5G
- IBM offers advice on how to secure blockchain in the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/Unix) 160509/AP/395Asia
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- CCApplication Migration ArchitectACT
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia
- FTSenior Project Manager - Payroll IntegrationVIC
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 160509/ITA/281Asia
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCSystem admin with SQL server experience | Defence-wide project | NV1 neededACT
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC