A firm that received a US$200 million settlement from MIcrosoft in May filed similar patent infringement charges against Apple Wednesday, claiming that the iPhone and iPad illegally use its technology.
Apple Inc.'s iPhone has always had something of an image problem in the workplace, which isn't surprising given that Apple has always marketed its smartphone more to consumers than to the business world.
Four out of five PC laptops that ship in 2014 are expected to use integrated graphics processors, according to a report released today.
Amazon.com is reportedly considering building prototypes of gadgets other than its Kindle e-reader. But one analyst questioned the value of such devices unless they can be tied to Amazon-provided services and content.
Apple today patched the two vulnerabilities used to jailbreak Apple's newest iOS 4 operating system, bugs that security researchers warned could be used to hijack iPhones , iPod Touches or iPads.
Browsing in "private mode" isn't as private as users think, a researcher said today.
Microsoft has launched a new Windows 7 campaign to take on Mac OS X. A new tab on the Windows 7 sites compares Windows 7 to Mac OS X in a number of areas--listing out the reasons that Windows 7 is the superior choice. Most of the points made by Micro...
Yes, you read that headline right. Apple has applied for a patent for a bicycle concept.
Skype is worried about whether the iPhone and other Apple products will undermine its VoIP services and is also insecure about whether it can achieve service levels good enough to lure business customers, according to the company's filing with the U....
Apple's new iPad casts a "halo" over the older iPhone, with owners of the tablet about twice as likely to want the company's smartphone as consumers who own neither, a Nielsen analyst said today.
If there was any hope left that The Beatles' music would appear on iTunes in this lifetime, Yoko Ono just killed it.
Low-cost Android tablets resembling Apple's iconic iPad are on sale through retail sites like eBay for US$50 to $125, though observers say they could be a pain to own since they lack hardware and software support.
Apple has rolled out some tweaks to fine tune the App Store shopping experience. The effort is commendable, but is woefully inadequate. Try Before You Buy and a Genius feature are both great ideas, but what both Apple's App Store and Google's Android...
The Apple executive in charge of iPhone engineering and responsible for the innovative--yet problem prone--antenna design on the iPhone 4 has left the company. Based on Apple's response to "antennagate", and Steve Jobs press conference to address iss...
There's no denying that Google's Android operating system is a striking success. Consumer and business users are buying more than 200,000 Android-based mobile phones and other devices daily, according to Google CEO Eric Schmid.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
- New details emerge about Intel's super-small Euclid computer for robots
- Microsoft will soon end Office 2013 distribution through Office 365
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTSalesforce Technical Business AnalystQLD
- TPICT Project CoordinatorQLD
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- FTLevel 2 Help Desk SupportNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- TPIT Sercurity EngineerVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTTechnical Content CoordinatorVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - Financial Planning - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperQLD
- CCMid-level Java Developer / Programmer (Contract) Finance CBDNSW
- FTTechnology Testing CoordinatorQLD
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCWeb Architect - Ruby, Python, Java, Open sourceNSW
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- CCChange Manager - O365 Upgrade ProjectQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantQLD
- TPSoftware EngineerWA
- FTLead Drupal Developer - Gold CoastQLD
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW