Apple on Friday quelled concerns on iPhone 4's signal and reception issues, but the company needs to shed its mask of secrecy and be quicker in addressing customer concerns before such issues spiral out of control, analysts said.
Today's Apple press conference was a strange mix of finger pointing, random sales figures and statistics and--surprise!--some actual accountability and solutions for the iPhone 4's antenna woes. At the end of the conference, Apple CEO Steve Jobs fina...
Image is everything. And that's why Apple must terminate the iPhone 4 as quickly as possible.
Apple announced several measures Friday to keep iPhone 4 users "happy" and to turn the controversy over the smartphone's occasional reception issues into a "non-issue." Again.
Apple's news conference last week on the iPhone 4 antenna and reception fiasco gets an A- grade, but its overall response rates just a C, according to a crisis communications expert.
Facing heat from customers about iPhone 4 reception and antenna problems, Apple CEO Steve Jobs today said the company plans to give away free "Bumpers" to alleviate the issue.
Writing about Steve Ballmer and Steve Jobs always seems to get a rise out of my readers. Case in point: three letters I've received lately, two of which basically telling me I'm too stupid (and/or cheap) to live. Here are some choice excerpts.
Complaints and theories about the iPhone 4 reception problems are coming from what seems like every pundit and consumer in the country, and now a senator is getting in on the action.
Apple today released an update to iOS 4 for the iPhone 3g, 3gs, and iPhone 4.
Warnings by Apple's top antenna expert that the iPhone 4 design could clobber signal strength and lead to dropped calls were ignored by the company's top executives, according to a Bloomberg News story today.
The MacBook Air, despite its ultra-thin, eye-grabbing design, has never been one of Apple's top draws.
Facing mounting public relations troubles over the iPhone 4, Apple must act swiftly to quell customer complaints about poor reception by giving away free cases, crisis communication experts say.
As operating system upgrades go, Apple's iOS 3.2.1 patch for the iPad may not break new ground, but it does fix a few nagging problems, most notably a Wi-Fi connectivity issue reported by many iPad users.
Consumer Reports magazine said on Wednesday that Apple iPhone 4 owners can eliminate reception problems by enclosing their phones in the "Bumper" case Apple sells.
Today, Apple began seeding an iOS 4.1 pre-release to developers. As per usual, the beta requires an iPhone Developer account and an Intel Mac running the latest OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.4. Included is Xcode 3.2.4, which mainly brings support for iOS 4....
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- HP's Elite Slice mini-PC stacks up features with snap-on modules
- The Dropbox data breach is a warning to update passwords
- Panasonic's new 4K camcorder does better in low light
- Lenovo adds Google Daydream products to its roadmap
- Lenovo will ditch hard keyboards in planned Chromebook and 2-in-1s
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia
- CCSenior Project Manager - Contact CentresNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/SA/812Asia
- FTTandem/NonStop Technical ConsultantWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160826/AP/972Asia
- CCBackfill Support Engineer (Renewable 12-month Contract)Asia
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC
- FTDigital Product Owner | Advertising Technology | SearchNSW
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - Back-end Java/JEENSW
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- CCWeb Content SpecialistNSW
- CCData Analyst - multiples roles - EAM experience requiredNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCFull stack Java Developer- NoSQL database, Amazon AWS productsNSW
- FTProject Administrator (Agile)WA
- CCQuality AnalystNSW
- CC.Net DeveloperWA
- CCChange / Project ManagerVIC
- FTOrchestration Engineer - DevOps - PuppetVIC
- FTClient Engagement ManagerVIC
- FTFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- CCSoftware Engineer - Linux with NV1 clearanceVIC
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160824/AP/187Asia