Samsung sold more smartphones than Apple in Q3 2016, but the Galaxy S7 recall devastated its profits.
Apple says it took "courage" to remove the headphone jack from the iPhone 7. But there's another way to look at it: The advanced technology loaded in the $159 Airpod wireless headset may have made Apple's decision easier.
The release of Apple’s new Series 1 and Series 2 smartwatch models late in Q3 of this year, saw the vendor ship 2.8 million devices.
Apple and Samsung are the tablet leaders, even though the market continues to decline overall.
While we're waiting for the Touch Bar equipped MacBook Pros, let's check out the model Apple glossed over at the unveiling: the 13-inch MacBook Pro with function keys.
Apple's higher prices for its MacBook Pro laptops are not out of the ordinary for the company.
Apple brings touchscreen capabilities to the MacBook Pro without turning it into a two-in-one.
Apple's latest Macbook Pro replaces the top row of keys with an OLED touch bar, which can change functions based on the software being used.
What happens when Apple rolls out updated laptops with all new hardware and features? One of Apple's biggest fans blows a fuse (and the other buys one).
In a single week, three of the industry's biggest companies dragged users kicking and screaming into a better future.
Apple unleashed three new MacBook Pros during Thursday’s October event. Here’s a closer look at each one, when you can get them, and how much they cost.
The new MacBook Pro continues Apple's tradition of eradicating unwanted technologies. RIP HDMI, SD cards, and more.
Apple today reworked its notebook line, boosting the touch-ability of the MacBook Pro line with a new Touch Bar -- and boosting prices.
The headphone jack isn't good enough for the iPhone 7, but it still has a place in the MacBook Pro.
iPhone sales are down for a third straight quarter as Apple faces competition from low-cost rivals abroad.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NSA ends surveillance tactic that pulled in citizens' emails, texts
- Stealthy Mac malware spies on encrypted browser traffic
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- Google's Chrome will soon start warning you more about HTTP pages
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerACT
- FTSecurity ConsultantQLD
- TPWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTTest AnalystACT
- FTSenior Test Analyst - Gov & Remedy/Service Now backgroundNSW
- FTICT Sales Account ManagerQLD
- FTStorage Engineer l HDSNSW
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- TPPrincipal Project Officer - ReportingQLD
- FTSAP Solution ArchitectsACT
- FTDigital ProducerNSW
- FTUser Support AnalystNSW
- FTTelecommunications Installation ManagerSA
- FTSenior Process Specialist | ProcurementVIC
- CCVMware AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior System AdministratorQLD
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Sales Operations AnalystNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Sales Operations AnalystNSW
- FTSolution ConsultantVIC
- TPTest and Support AnalystQLD
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA