Weak demand for mobile phones and display panels pushed down Samsung's profits last quarter, and the company doesn't expect much improvement this year.
Just how bad are conditions in the smartphone market? We'll get a better idea later Wednesday when Samsung announces its latest quarterly earnings.
Apple sold roughly as many iPhones during the last quarter of 2015 as it did during the same period in 2014, signaling a possible end to continual gains for the phone and a potential shift in Apple’s business and the smartphone market at large.
The iPhone won't always be the moneymaker it once was.
Apple has lured a top virtual reality researcher away from Virginia Tech, according to the Financial Times. The move could give Apple a chance to catch up with rivals Samsung Electronics, Microsoft, Google and Facebook, which have all made plays in t...
The Tesla CEO doesn’t feel threatened by the forthcoming Apple Car, which he calls an “open secret.”
Apple has reportedly acquired artificial-intelligence startup Emotient, giving it access to technology that could one day imbue its devices with the ability to "read" people's emotions through their facial expressions.
Asian electronic component makers are expecting Apple to cut procurement orders by about 30 percent in the coming quarter due to weaker than expected sales of the new iPhone 6S and 6S Plus, according to a Japanese media report.
Apple has agreed to pay Ericsson royalties on the wireless devices it sells in settlement of a long-standing patent dispute.
When IBM and Apple forged their partnership last year to bring new mobile apps to the corporate world, their promise of bringing 100 such apps to market by the end of 2015 was widely considered an ambitious goal. Sure enough, though, it now looks lik...
Google’s digital wallet, Android Pay, will launch in Australia next year, the company announced today.
Samsung is attempting to take its years-old patent fight with Apple to the U.S. Supreme Court. On Monday it filed an appeal to the court asking it to take a look at the rules regarding design patents -- rules that haven't been touched in 120 years.
You'll be shocked, but inside it's mostly battery.
Apple reseller, Next Byte, will be shutting down its remaining eight stores during a three month period, taking place from January.
Apple has begun selling a smart battery case for the iPhone 6 and 6s, featuring a clunky bulge that boosts battery life by 80 percent and phone thickness by 100 percent
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Not lost in translation: Researchers 'teach' computers to translate accurately
- That massive reported 'data breach' was just hype, Mail.ru says
- The Oracle-Google trial over Android starts Monday. Here's what you need to know
- Lenovo patches serious flaw in pre-installed support tool
- Qualcomm flaw puts millions of Android devices at risk
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSr. Project Manager - Six SigmaVIC
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- CCinstructional DesignerACT
- CCProgram Technical Director- Migration to SAP HR PayrollNSW
- CCJAVA ArchitectVIC
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- CCAssistant Project OfficerACT
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- CCService Desk OperatorACT
- CCIBM MDM SpecialistVIC
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCProject Support CoordinatorQLD
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCUX Designer and UX ResearcherVIC
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCCommunication and Change ManagerVIC
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCAzure DeveloperNSW
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW