Anyone who has looked at automatically-generated subtitles on YouTube can tell you that asking a computer to describe what a human says can lead to hilarious results. Now, Apple has brought that to iOS 10 with support for transcribing voicemails.
It's not ready yet, but a report from Bloomberg says Apple's Echo rival is now in the prototype and testing phase.
Apple's car needs some direction, and rumor has it Cupertino might bring on the Brits at McLaren Technology Group to assist.
Apple joined with 77 other corporations around the world in committing to using electricity from 100% renewable sources to run its data centers and offices around the globe.
As expected, Apple today released Sierra, 2016's edition of the Mac's operating system.
Once you upgrade to iOS 10, take some time to peruse the Settings app to tweak your device to your liking.
The FBI’s refusal to reveal how it accessed an iPhone 5c from the San Bernardino shooter will face scrutiny in court. USA Today’s parent company and two other news group have filed a lawsuit against the agency, demanding it turn over the details.
iFixit's iPhone 7 Plus teardown reveals Apple put the extra space from the missing headphone jack to good use.
AppleCare+ customers can get their iPhone screens repaired for only $29. It used to be almost $100.
Apple Pay on websites launched on Tuesday with the release of iOS 10 and will hit Mac desktops when macOS Sierra launches next week.
The iPhone 7 and 7 Plus are worth the upgrade if you want an amazing camera, water resistance, and better battery life.
If you weren't testing out the beta version of iOS 10, be careful when updating your iPhone.
A Brooklyn man yesterday sued Apple in federal court, claiming the company misled him and others when it pitched the iPhone Upgrade Program last year.
Back up your iPhone, iPod, or iPad and get ready to upgrade to Apple's next-gen operating system.
Favored status for Apple iPhones and iPads on Cisco Systems networks starts Tuesday, giving users better Wi-Fi roaming, integrated VoIP calls and priority for the most important business apps. Here are five new capabilities that may prove most useful...
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Surface Pro 4
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 4 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 5 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Open-source developers targeted in sophisticated malware attack
- Windows 10 Creators Update: The 5 biggest changes
- Missing pieces: What Microsoft failed to deliver in the Windows 10 Creators Update
- Here's proof that Ryzen can benefit from optimized game code
- VMware patches critical virtual machine escape flaws
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCCloud Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- FTHadoop Service AdministratorWA
- TPSolution ArchitectSA
- FT.Net Developer - work on cutting edge BAU projectsVIC
- FT.Net Solutions DeveloperSA
- FTApplication Services Administrator (Linux)NSW
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistACT
- FTMicrosoft Designer / ArchitectVIC
- TPApplication Support EngineerQLD
- CCSecurity Vetting OfficerACT
- FTSnr Salesforce Technical Consultant/Architect Global IT Company - SydneyNSW
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- CCSecurity ManagerACT
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCAgile CoachNSW
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- FTMultiple Infrastructure ArchitectsWA
- FTRACF Mainframe Security Analysts / Engineers - Multiple Roles - SydneyNSW
- FTApplication Security SpecialistVIC
- TPTechnical Analyst - 6 Month Contract - Great Rates Of PayNSW
- FTJunior Applications SupportSA
- FTSenior Capacity Planner | Contract through till DecemberVIC