U.S. lawmakers are skeptical of an FBI request for Congress to mandate encryption workarounds in smartphones, with critics saying Wednesday that back doors would create new vulnerabilities that bad guys can exploit.
Application Developers Alliance
The U.S. tech industry scored a victory this week when President Barack Obama nominated former Google lawyer Michelle Lee to lead the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
A proposed code of conduct for mobile app developers intended to make them explain how user data is collected and used does not have a clear enforcement mechanism, one privacy advocate said.
A U.S. senator has introduced legislation allowing the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office to review and invalidate controversial patents challenged by technology startups in an effort to discourage so-called patent trolls.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dead Rising 4 impressions: 'Tis the season to BBQ zombies with your flaming sword
- GoDaddy offers $1.8 billion for Host Europe
- Cisco Meraki sees the hotel of the future in its new Wi-Fi gear
- Tell-tale toys open bedroom door to strangers, consumer groups warn
- Surface Book i7 vs. MacBook Pro: Fight!
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSecurity Sales SpecialistVIC
- FTAgile Business AnalystQLD
- CCMedical Imaging Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperQLD
- CCService Monitoring Specialist - Information SecurityNSW
- CCIngres DeveloperWA
- CCProject Manager / Senior Business AnalystNSW
- CCHadoop DeveloperSA
- CCHadoop DeveloperACT
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- TPTechnical Specialist, Identity and Acess ManagementVIC
- CCTechnical Writer - TelcoVIC
- FTDesktop Support Team LeaderVIC
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerNSW
- CCJava Application Developer - BaselineACT
- CCAgile TesterNSW
- FTService Desk Team LeaderNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCFunctional Consultant - Brisbane locationVIC
- FTProject Manager - Process Transformation / AutomationNSW
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- CCSQL Data and Reporting AnalystNSW
- CCFunctional Consultant - Brisbane locationQLD
- FTProcess Analysts, Wealth ManagementVIC
- CCFacilities Coordinator - Multiple RolesVIC