Information technology may thrive on the new, but it is heavily supported by a programming language more than 40 years old.
Panasonic has joined the Smart TV Alliance, a project started by LG last year to create a common platform for developing connected TV applications.
Does true literacy now include the ability to write software programs, just as it does the ability to read, write and do sums?
The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) has published as a standard the latest version of the Ada programming language, Ada 2012, which offers a new security feature found in few other languages, called contract-based programming.
Hewlett-Packard has updated its service virtualization software, giving developers a broader palette upon which to test their programs.
YouTube engineers are developing a set of software, called Vitess, that will help open-source MySQL databases work more efficiently in very large-scale production environments. To write the code, they are using Google's programming language Go.
The new Xamarin.Mac framework allows C# developers to build native OS X apps that can be sold in the Mac App Store and share code with apps build for Android, iOS and Windows.
WordPress, the world's most widely used blogging software, has made it easier for people to share photos and videos of their cats. Enterprises that use the software for content management system (CMS) duties might find the improved multimedia capabil...
JetBrains has thoroughly revamped its IntelliJ Idea IDE for Java, redesigning the user interface on top and installing a new, faster compiler underneath.
Google is offering Android application developers a chance to use some of the advanced mapping features it had previously made available only on Google's own applications.
Research In Motion has introduced the BlackBerry Dev Alpha C, a smartphone developers can use to test their applications and get ready for the launch of the BlackBerry 10 QWERTY device next year. The company also said developers will be able to trade...
Amazon.com has opened its Maps API to all Kindle developers, who can now use it to integrate maps in their applications for the Kindle Fire family of tablets.
Microsoft's Visual Studio 2012 Update 1 (Visual Studio 2012.1) is now available for download. The update allows users to develop applications for Windows XP and more thoroughly test their work.
The PaaS (platform as a service) market will grow to US$1.2 billion this year, up from last year's $900 million take, as vendors and customers seek easier ways to create new applications and customize existing ones, according analyst firm Gartner.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google Fiber puts expansion plans on hold to review strategy
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- Civilization VI review: Learning from some (but not all) of history's mistakes
- Dyn attack: US Senator wants to know why IoT security is so anemic
- Apple's Q4 2016 results: Better than expected with 45.5 million iPhones sold, but revenue continues to slide
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPProject Coordinator - IT projectsVIC
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCMiddleware SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior .Net Software EngineerVIC
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- TPSenior UI Front End DeveloperQLD
- FTMigration Release ManagerACT
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 161014/CO/vmtAsia
- FTData ScientistSA
- CCSolution Architect - BRISBANE BASEDQLD
- TPHelpdesk/Level 1 SupportQLD
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- FTCRM ConsultantWA
- FTMobile DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Finance Systems AnalystVIC
- TPIT Project Manager - Migration & TransformationNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - HKMAAsia
- FTBusiness/Technical Consultant (CPM)QLD
- CCSystems Engineer - NetApp, Exchange, ADNSW
- CCWeb Content EditorQLD
- TPTableau SpecialistNSW
- CCDatacenter EngineerNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT