The Ruby on Rails 3.0.3 Web development framework was released this week, restoring performance lost when the open source framework was upgraded to Rails 3.x.
The current trend in which smartphones and other mobile devices are becoming more prominent as computing tools will require tough decisions in IT shops. Enterprises looking to move applications to handheld devices are going to have to accommodate man...
An Oracle official detailed on Tuesday the submissions of upcoming Java releases to the formal specification process, including versions 7 and 8 of Java's standard edition.
Given the complexities of different smartphone platforms, software builders embarking on an enterprise application project for these systems must know their audience, an official with smartphone maker RIM said Tuesday.
Seemingly anxious to get the next version of the Java programming language ratified, Oracle has asked the Apache Software Foundation to reconsider its stance on the proposed Java Standard Edition 7.
Cloudstock, a technical conference dubbed "The Woodstock for Cloud Developers," is being held next month with backing from cloud computing players including Google, Force.com, and Amazon Web Services.
Apple said Friday it would join Oracle's OpenJDK and contribute "most of the key components, tools and technology required for a Java SE 7 implementation on Mac OS X."
Third parties, not Google, would be liable for any Java copyright violations in the Android mobile OS, according to a filing the vendor made Wednesday in U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California.
Qualcomm has put out a beta version of its Augmented Reality (AR) Extension for Unity Technologies' game development tool, which will allow developers to combine computer-generated content and the real world in games for Android-based products, the c...
Google is denying Oracle's allegation that it directly copied lines of Oracle's Java code for its Android mobile OS, according to a court filing made Wednesday in U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California.
Startup GramercyOne is taking an on-demand scheduling and CRM application first created for spas into a number of other verticals, in hopes of becoming the equivalent of restaurant-reservations hub OpenTable for services businesses.
Representatives of Microsoft and Adobe on Tuesday both espoused their companies' love for HTML5 technology at the HTML5 Live conference held within a few blocks of New York's Times Square, even though the vendors offer technologies perceived as HTML5...
While Apple has major momentum in the mobile application developer space, there is room for other companies to steal Apple's thunder, according to an analyst report released earlier this month.
Charging that Oracle has willfully disregarded the licensing terms for its own Java technology, the Apache Software Foundation has called upon other members of the Java Community Process (JCP) to vote against the next proposed version of the language...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Uber faces more lawsuits for classifying drivers as contractors
- China’s booming middle class augurs well for Apple, says Tim Cook
- Intel's Atom architecture to live on despite smartphone chip cancellations
- Microsoft's CEO explains why his company sued the US government
- Can Oracle buy its way into the cloud?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT
- CCSales Development Executive - Software SolutionsNSW
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior ICT Project OfficerACT
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- CCSenior Financial Crime AnalystVIC
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- CCFull Stack Developers - JavaNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia
- CCAzure DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Frontend DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Workforce ManagementVIC
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT