Watch out Oracle, Pivotal is offering a lighter alternative to the Java Enterprise Edition (JEE) stack.
Kicking off an initiative to better bridge cloud services with its own software, Oracle has released an adapter that allows organizations to copy data between their Salesforce.com accounts and Oracle software.
Nginx is betting that its open-source Web server software, now used by many large Internet services, will also find a home in the enterprise.
Attackers are actively exploiting a known vulnerability to compromise JBoss Java EE application servers that expose the HTTP Invoker service to the Internet in an insecure manner.
Oracle will stop offering commercial support for new versions of the open-source GlassFish application server, leaving customers who want such support with the option of licensing the more expensive and proprietary WebLogic Server.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCNetwork Support EngineerNSW
- FTInfrastructure EngineerQLD
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCIT Systems AnalystVIC
- CCSystems AdministratorQLD
- FTLead Front End DeveloperVIC
- CCUI DesignerNSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)VIC
- FTPractice Manager - SecurityVIC
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Manager, Data and InformationQLD
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- TPProject Manager - Documentation RebrandQLD
- CCSenior Front End Wed DeveloperQLD
- FTSupervisor / Team Leader - IT HealthcareQLD
- FTPrincipal Product Manager | Cloud | Managed ServicesNSW
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- FTITIL Service ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Project EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Platform DeveloperNSW
- TPiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- CCProcess Business Analyst X 3VIC
- FTSite Acquisition ManagerSA