Wasting little time since the last release of its flagship application server, Red Hat has launched the first community trial version for the next generation of JBoss, version 7.0, the company announced Tuesday.
Oracle is hoping to convince independent software vendors to certify and run their products on its high-end Exadata and Exalogic appliances through a program called Exastack, the company announced Tuesday.
Software AG has entered into an agreement to acquire Terracotta, which will allow the software vendor to develop more advanced cloud services and increase the performance and scalability of its business software management tools using Terracotta's in...
Red Hat will launch a preview of a new commercial enterprise Java data caching technology, based on its experimental Infinispan data grid software, the company announced Tuesday.
Faced with an increasingly competitive market for large-scale distributed data caches, Oracle has endeavored to make its own Coherence data grid software sprightlier and simpler to use.
IBM plans to release the next version of its flagship Java application server, Websphere 8, on June 17, according to documents posted to IBM's website this week.
Red Hat has updated its ESB (enterprise service bus) software with an integration tool that allows users to aggregate data from multiple sources into a single view.
Oracle is limiting the development of Java by focusing the future development of the language on enterprise use, to the detriment of a wider, more diverse Java community, charged a pair of analysts at Forrester Research.
The volunteer developers behind Apache Tomcat have released version 7.0.6 of the open-source Java servlet container.
As the industry call for cloud interoperability grows more fervent, open-source enterprise software company Red Hat has submitted its cloud platform, Deltacloud, to the DMTF (Distributed Management Task Force) as a potential standard for cloud intero...
The new version of the Terracotta distributed Java caching software is able, for the first time, to aggregate more than a terabyte of pooled memory for a single application and its data, the company announced this week.
Apache Tomcat 7.0, the latest version of the popular open source Java Web server, is available Tuesday from the Apache Software Foundation.
When it comes to enterprise open source software vendor Red Hat, one might assume its biggest competitors to be Oracle, Novell, Microsoft, or even IBM.
Red Hat has released version 5.0 of its portal software, the JBoss Enterprise Portal Platform, the company announced Thursday at its Red Hat Summit in Boston.
Red Hat has launched a comprehensive package, called Red Hat Cloud Foundations, that will allow organizations to run applications in both public clouds and their own private clouds.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Indian minister holds out hope for Apple stores
- Move over Skylake: An Asus PC with Intel's Kaby Lake chip is coming in Q3
- Nvidia chief downplays challenge from Google’s AI chip
- Flaw in popular WordPress plug-in Jetpack puts over a million websites at risk
- Asus unveils Zenbo, a cute robot for the home priced at $599
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSoftware Licensing AnalystVIC
- CCDomain Specialist | Multiple RolesVIC
- CCOracle Fusion SOA/BPEL DeveloperVIC
- CCProject managerACT
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- CCOffice 365 Systems EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Full-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior DevOps EngineerACT
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- FTPeopleSoft Finance Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, Service Performance, RetailNSW
- CCSystem Engineer - Server Migration experienceNSW
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW
- CCMultiple .Net DevelopersNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Contributions TaxNSW
- CCIT Program ManagerACT
- CCIT Environment and Deployment SpecialistQLD
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- CCData and Business AnalystACT
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA