Red Hat has polished the open source OpenStack Cloud hosting software so that it can be more easily deployed within enterprises.
Now enterprise administrators can catch a bit of the magic that Google seemingly uses to smoothly run large Web scale applications. The company has released a production-ready version its Kubernetes software that manages virtual containers.
Some of the biggest names in IT and online services have banded together to standardize the way applications are run in the cloud.
Apple iPad users will soon be able to interact with Citrix Systems' virtual Windows apps using a mouse.
With updates for both the core Docker engine and its registry software, Docker has endeavored to make its popular software container technology faster to deploy and easier to manage.
Hoping to build on the success of Docker-based Linux containers, Microsoft has developed a container technology to run on its Windows Server operating system.
The containerization trend has been growing fast and furious over the past year or so in the world of software development, and on Thursday leading player Docker announced a step toward further expansion.
Reacting to the surging popularity of the Docker virtualization technology, Red Hat has customized a version of its Linux distribution to run Docker containers.
As adoption of the Docker virtualization container grows, the namesake company behind the open source technology has released three tools for managing large scale deployments.
Citrix Systems is working on a mouse to simplify the use of remote Windows apps on Apple's tablets and smartphones.
The Docker virtualization technology has just taken another giant step forward, as developers from both Microsoft and Docker have started working on a native Docker implementation for Windows Server, which will make the increasingly popular container...
"Brave" is the current watchword for virtualization software giant VMware.
Docker 1.0 has officially arrived, giving organizations a proper chance to use the emerging cloud technology to create and run applications with even more agility.
Google is throwing its weight behind containers, an increasingly popular virtualization technology that can ease the process of spinning up applications in the cloud.
VMware is leaning on AirWatch to let users access files from one place using virtual and physical clients and let admins manage desktops in the same way they handle mobile devices.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- FTFront End .Net Developer (.Net / Angular / Bootstrap)NSW
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- FTSolution Architect - Data/ InformationVIC
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- CCTechnical OfficerACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL/Oracle) 160630/SA/254Asia
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- CCProduct Solution DesignerVIC
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystNSW
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Oracle) 160603/AP/vmpAsia
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - Marketing and Distribution systemsNSW
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- FTInfrastructure/Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW