The open source Docker container technology is taking on the server virtualization market, offering what some see as a faster alternative to running full virtual machines over hypervisors.
Citrix Systems has acquired Framehawk for an undisclosed sum, and will use the company's technology to improve the performance of virtual desktops and applications over wireless networks.
Stop me if you've heard this one before: Hewlett-Packard released new "converged systems" on Monday that aim to get customers up and running quickly with virtualized applications and big-data analytics.
With the launch of a new hosted virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) service called WorkSpaces, Amazon Web Services (AWS) is hoping to convert more enterprises to virtual work environments, something other IT companies have enjoyed only modest succes...
ThinApp users have scored a victory as VMware has decided to keep offering it as a separate product and said a new version will arrive soon.
VMware's Horizon Mirage 4.0 allows IT departments to be more flexible when they put together centrally managed desktop images using separated application packages.
Teradici has upgraded the firmware for PC-over-IP-based zero clients to provide smoother authentication, improved USB performance and support for Internet Protocol version 6, the company said on Monday.
VMware hopes to simplify management and help enterprises virtualize more of their infrastructure, with new and updated software suites announced at VMworld Europe in Copenhagen.
VMware CEO Paul Maritz urged customers to think beyond the desktop computer. It is a dead metaphor, he insisted, one ill-suited for today's workforce.
In IT's never-ending search for efficiency improvements, client virtualization and its subsets -- presentation, application and desktop virtualization -- must be considered.
In its first SUSE-related product offering since it acquired Novell earlier last year, Attachmate has expanded the reach of SUSE Studio-based virtual appliances to include mainframes.
Bluestacks plans to soon start offering technology that will let PC users run Android apps on their laptops and desktops.
Software company rPath is updating its platform for automating application management across physical, virtual and cloud environments with a new graphical user interface, aiming to make the product easier to use, the company said Tuesday.
VMware is waiting for Apple to approve a software client for iPads that will allow IT staff to manage their virtualized environments.
VMWare is showing off a mobile virtualization platform that will let people run a personal profile and a seperate, secure profile for work applications on the same Android phone.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Obama's cybersecurity plan faces uncertainty with Trump
- HP shutting down default FTP, Telnet access to network printers
- AWS wants to dominate beyond the public cloud with Lambda updates
- After warehouse staff, Amazon to replace store clerks with robots
- Chrome bug triggered errors on websites using Symantec SSL certificates
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCAPI DeveloperOther
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTSolution Architect - PHPACT
- CCService Desk Tier 3 EngineerQLD
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCSystems Analyst - Web Services.VIC
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)SA
- FTiOS Developer - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- CCWintel Server SupportACT
- CCTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- CCExecutive AssistantACT
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - Wealth ManagementNSW
- TPFull Stack .NET DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraVIC
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- FTSupport EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- TPSharepoint 2013 AnalystQLD
- FTSecurity AdministratorVIC
- TPUAT LeadQLD
- CCLevel 1/2 IT Service Desk OfficerQLD
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW