The open source Docker container technology is taking on the server virtualization market, offering what some see as a faster alternative to running full virtual machines over hypervisors.
Citrix Systems has acquired Framehawk for an undisclosed sum, and will use the company's technology to improve the performance of virtual desktops and applications over wireless networks.
Stop me if you've heard this one before: Hewlett-Packard released new "converged systems" on Monday that aim to get customers up and running quickly with virtualized applications and big-data analytics.
With the launch of a new hosted virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) service called WorkSpaces, Amazon Web Services (AWS) is hoping to convert more enterprises to virtual work environments, something other IT companies have enjoyed only modest succes...
ThinApp users have scored a victory as VMware has decided to keep offering it as a separate product and said a new version will arrive soon.
VMware's Horizon Mirage 4.0 allows IT departments to be more flexible when they put together centrally managed desktop images using separated application packages.
Teradici has upgraded the firmware for PC-over-IP-based zero clients to provide smoother authentication, improved USB performance and support for Internet Protocol version 6, the company said on Monday.
VMware hopes to simplify management and help enterprises virtualize more of their infrastructure, with new and updated software suites announced at VMworld Europe in Copenhagen.
VMware CEO Paul Maritz urged customers to think beyond the desktop computer. It is a dead metaphor, he insisted, one ill-suited for today's workforce.
In IT's never-ending search for efficiency improvements, client virtualization and its subsets -- presentation, application and desktop virtualization -- must be considered.
In its first SUSE-related product offering since it acquired Novell earlier last year, Attachmate has expanded the reach of SUSE Studio-based virtual appliances to include mainframes.
Bluestacks plans to soon start offering technology that will let PC users run Android apps on their laptops and desktops.
Software company rPath is updating its platform for automating application management across physical, virtual and cloud environments with a new graphical user interface, aiming to make the product easier to use, the company said Tuesday.
VMware is waiting for Apple to approve a software client for iPads that will allow IT staff to manage their virtualized environments.
VMWare is showing off a mobile virtualization platform that will let people run a personal profile and a seperate, secure profile for work applications on the same Android phone.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Review: Asus ROG G752 OC Edition - Faster than many desktop gaming PCs
- NBN ditches Optus HFC for FTTdp
- Oracle denied new trial in copyright dispute with Google over Java
- Helping businesses prepare for the workplace of the future, today
- Software as a Service solutions: The key to maintaining Australia’s competitiveness in higher education
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD