Software company rPath is updating its platform for automating application management across physical, virtual and cloud environments with a new graphical user interface, aiming to make the product easier to use, the company said Tuesday.
VMware is waiting for Apple to approve a software client for iPads that will allow IT staff to manage their virtualized environments.
VMWare is showing off a mobile virtualization platform that will let people run a personal profile and a seperate, secure profile for work applications on the same Android phone.
The future for IT lies in automating as much as possible of the infrastructure, allowing users to self-provision applications, all in a mixture of virtualized private and public clouds, according to VMware's CEO Paul Maritz.
VMware has demonstrated a new client application for its vCenter management tools that runs on the Apple iPad.
Citrix Systems is preparing a new version of its Receiver client for Apple iPads running iOS 4.2, the company said on Wednesday at its Synergy user conference.
By making the new version of XenDesktop easier to manage, Citrix Systems is hoping to convince more companies to virtualize their desktops, the company said on Wednesday at its Synergy user conference.
Synergy, the Citrix user conference, will open its doors in Berlin on Wednesday. The company is expected to launch a new version of XenDesktop there, and also to talk about its client hypervisor XenClient, which should allow users with a virtualized ...
Weighing in on a seemingly perennial question asked by system administrators, IT analysts Osterman Research is recommending that virtual machines be defragmented just as often as physical drives.
Dell is purchasing Scalent, a provider of server-virtualization management software, Dell announced on Thursday. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Red Hat has launched a comprehensive package, called Red Hat Cloud Foundations, that will allow organizations to run applications in both public clouds and their own private clouds.
Latest News Articles
- Australia gains exclusive access to Microsoft's Cortana personal assistant
- Intel's MinnowBoard Max coming in late, commanding higher prices
- Senate committee: Mobile phone 'cramming' widespread, profits carriers
- Oracle-based system for US visas still glitchy after software update
- Countries don't own their Internet domains, ICANN says
Most Popular Articles
- 1 What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- 2 Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- 3 Windows 7 Home Premium vs. Windows 7 Professional
- 4 How do I connect my TV to the Internet?
- 5 How to play DVD movies on your Nintendo Wii
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
- Notebooks View all »
- $797.95 free shipping
- $19.01 free shipping
- 14% off $849.95
- 34% off $847
- Tablets View all »
- Mobile Phones View all »
- TVs View all »
- Digital Cameras View all »