The open source Docker container technology is taking on the server virtualization market, offering what some see as a faster alternative to running full virtual machines over hypervisors.
Citrix Systems has acquired Framehawk for an undisclosed sum, and will use the company's technology to improve the performance of virtual desktops and applications over wireless networks.
Stop me if you've heard this one before: Hewlett-Packard released new "converged systems" on Monday that aim to get customers up and running quickly with virtualized applications and big-data analytics.
With the launch of a new hosted virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) service called WorkSpaces, Amazon Web Services (AWS) is hoping to convert more enterprises to virtual work environments, something other IT companies have enjoyed only modest succes...
ThinApp users have scored a victory as VMware has decided to keep offering it as a separate product and said a new version will arrive soon.
VMware's Horizon Mirage 4.0 allows IT departments to be more flexible when they put together centrally managed desktop images using separated application packages.
Teradici has upgraded the firmware for PC-over-IP-based zero clients to provide smoother authentication, improved USB performance and support for Internet Protocol version 6, the company said on Monday.
VMware hopes to simplify management and help enterprises virtualize more of their infrastructure, with new and updated software suites announced at VMworld Europe in Copenhagen.
VMware CEO Paul Maritz urged customers to think beyond the desktop computer. It is a dead metaphor, he insisted, one ill-suited for today's workforce.
In IT's never-ending search for efficiency improvements, client virtualization and its subsets -- presentation, application and desktop virtualization -- must be considered.
In its first SUSE-related product offering since it acquired Novell earlier last year, Attachmate has expanded the reach of SUSE Studio-based virtual appliances to include mainframes.
Bluestacks plans to soon start offering technology that will let PC users run Android apps on their laptops and desktops.
Software company rPath is updating its platform for automating application management across physical, virtual and cloud environments with a new graphical user interface, aiming to make the product easier to use, the company said Tuesday.
VMware is waiting for Apple to approve a software client for iPads that will allow IT staff to manage their virtualized environments.
VMWare is showing off a mobile virtualization platform that will let people run a personal profile and a seperate, secure profile for work applications on the same Android phone.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Critical flaw lets hackers take control of Samsung SmartCam cameras
- Facebook launches fake news reporting tool in Germany
- Shopping goes high tech and hassle-free with new Intel technology
- Raspberry Pi's new computer for industrial applications goes on sale
- Social networks let the rich buy influence
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- CCSenior Full-stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- TPAnsarada Data Room AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Business Project Manager Financial PlanningVIC
- TPTest ManagerQLD
- TPProject CoordintorVIC
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- CCApplication PackagerVIC
- CCTechnology Support Specialist - Multiple RolesSA
- TPTechnical Solutions Architect-Dynamics CRMVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- TPIDAM ArchitectVIC
- FTLevel 3 Support ConsultantNSW
- CCLead DevOps Architect l AWS- Cloud- Linux- Puppet Ansible- JIRA-DatadogNSW
- FTFull Stack PHP DevelopersQLD
- CCIT Support AnalystVIC
- CCBiztalk DeveloperVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXSA
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunitiesQLD
- CCProcess Business Analyst X 3VIC
- FTProject Control AnalystSA