The open source Docker container technology is taking on the server virtualization market, offering what some see as a faster alternative to running full virtual machines over hypervisors.
Citrix Systems has acquired Framehawk for an undisclosed sum, and will use the company's technology to improve the performance of virtual desktops and applications over wireless networks.
Stop me if you've heard this one before: Hewlett-Packard released new "converged systems" on Monday that aim to get customers up and running quickly with virtualized applications and big-data analytics.
With the launch of a new hosted virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) service called WorkSpaces, Amazon Web Services (AWS) is hoping to convert more enterprises to virtual work environments, something other IT companies have enjoyed only modest succes...
ThinApp users have scored a victory as VMware has decided to keep offering it as a separate product and said a new version will arrive soon.
VMware's Horizon Mirage 4.0 allows IT departments to be more flexible when they put together centrally managed desktop images using separated application packages.
Teradici has upgraded the firmware for PC-over-IP-based zero clients to provide smoother authentication, improved USB performance and support for Internet Protocol version 6, the company said on Monday.
VMware hopes to simplify management and help enterprises virtualize more of their infrastructure, with new and updated software suites announced at VMworld Europe in Copenhagen.
VMware CEO Paul Maritz urged customers to think beyond the desktop computer. It is a dead metaphor, he insisted, one ill-suited for today's workforce.
In IT's never-ending search for efficiency improvements, client virtualization and its subsets -- presentation, application and desktop virtualization -- must be considered.
In its first SUSE-related product offering since it acquired Novell earlier last year, Attachmate has expanded the reach of SUSE Studio-based virtual appliances to include mainframes.
Bluestacks plans to soon start offering technology that will let PC users run Android apps on their laptops and desktops.
Software company rPath is updating its platform for automating application management across physical, virtual and cloud environments with a new graphical user interface, aiming to make the product easier to use, the company said Tuesday.
VMware is waiting for Apple to approve a software client for iPads that will allow IT staff to manage their virtualized environments.
VMWare is showing off a mobile virtualization platform that will let people run a personal profile and a seperate, secure profile for work applications on the same Android phone.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How to find the Windows 10 Creators Update's hidden desktop themes
- AMD updates Ryzen drivers with a new power profile and the promise of better performance
- BlackBerry KeyOne to launch in US and Canada in late May
- Dell XPS 15 vs. MacBook Pro 15: Fight!
- Samsung will launch new flagship smartphone months after Galaxy S8
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical Business AnalystSA
- CCEngineer/Developer - Comptel - TelcoVIC
- FTSAP APO ConsultantNSW
- FTNetwork Consulting ArchitectVIC
- CCTibco Integration Specialist l Port MacquarieNSW
- TPStrategic Business AnalystVIC
- FTSystem AnalystsACT
- CCTest Capability LeadNSW
- TPProject ServicesACT
- FTMobile Studio Lead/ Mobile UX LeadNSW
- CC.Net DeveloperQLD
- FTDrupal DeveloperNSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)SA
- CCTibco Integration Specialist l Port MacquarieNSW
- CCSoftware ManagerVIC
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystVIC
- FTIT Service Desk Manager - Team LeaderNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst | DETQLD
- CCProject Manager - Security - TelcoVIC
- FTSalesforce ConsultantQLD
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- TPSenior SQL Database AdministratorNSW
- FTWindows Server Engineer MCSE, SCCM, SCOM, PowershellNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystACT