Mozilla today said that it regretted staying silent when it found out last week that hackers had stolen digital certificates for some of the Web's biggest sites, including Google, Skype, Microsoft, Yahoo and its own add-on site.
Mozilla set an unofficial record for software downloads on the second day of Firefox 4's launch, the company said Friday.
A New York startup company spun off from Citigroup is about to launch a service that can offer consumers recommendations for restaurants and other retail outlets, based on an analysis of billions of credit card transactions.
Middleware giant Software AG conducted an elaborate corporate espionage scheme replete with "sex, lies and an audiotape," according to allegations in a lawsuit filed by RFID (radio frequency identification) vendor GlobeRanger.
The European Commission and Microsoft have shrugged off claims by Maxthon International that its browser should be more prominently represented on Windows' browser choice screen.
Sony Ericsson is planning to upgrade the Xperia X10 to Android 2.3 at the end of the second quarter or the beginning of the third quarter, the company said in a blog post on Friday.
"I hear his name bandied about a lot, but I don't know him. I don't know who Henson is. He seems to have his hand in a lot of things around here, but I don't particularly know what that means."
Apps are all about choice. And nowhere is choice more appealing than in the world of Web browsing. In the early days of smartphones, users had no choice but to use the browser that came installed with the operating system, but now we have multiple ch...
It's been a long wait for Firefox 4; it was nearly two years ago that Firefox 3.5 was released. A lot has changed in the browser world since then. But though the wait has been a long one, it has paid off for those with patience: Firefox 4 is a winner...
In a novel use of the software, National Public Radio is using the Splunk log search engine to analyze Web traffic for its audio streams and downloads.
Uniting the seemingly conflicting values of fast data access and deep analysis, open-source software company DataStax is developing a package that will combine its Cassandra non-relational database with Apache Hadoop data process framework, the compa...
Microsoft has put up a website that allows owners of Windows Phone 7-based smartphones to find out when they will be offered the copy and paste update, the company said in a <a href="http://windowsteamblog.com/windows_phone/b/windowsphone/archive/201...
Over 100 million apps have been downloaded from Samsung Electronics' mobile and TV app store in less than a year after its launch, the company said Thursday.
Users downloaded nearly 7 million copies of the new Firefox 4 in the 24 hours since its launch yesterday, Mozilla's running tally claimed.
An iPad app that may soon play a pivotal role connecting soldiers on the street with airplanes hovering high above will be shown for the first time next month at the National Association of Broadcasters convention in Las Vegas.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
- New details emerge about Intel's super-small Euclid computer for robots
- Microsoft will soon end Office 2013 distribution through Office 365
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPProject Manager - eDRMSQLD
- CCSenior Murex DeveloperVIC
- CCNetwork Architect / Lead Network EngineerACT
- CCMultiple Infrastructure ArchitectsWA
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & LendingQLD
- FTExecutive Sales ManagerNSW
- FTSystems Engineer l Citrix NetScalerNSW
- FTTechnology Testing Co-ordinatorVIC
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- FTChange AnalystVIC
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- CCEnterprise Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTFull Stack PHP DeveloperQLD
- FTFull Stack Web Developer - UI/UX - .NET or JAVANSW
- FTC ProgrammerACT
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCEnterprise ArchitectQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CC3x DevOps / Integration Developers l AWS- Cloud- Linux- Puppet Ansible- JIRA-DNSW
- FTMS Exchange System Engineer l PowerShell l Message LabsNSW
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetWA
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTAutomation Test Analyst - APS 6 non-ongoingACT