A fresh round of quarterly results and market research this week show some shadows over the networking and component markets while smartphones, as usual, were the stars of the tech arena.
Semiconductor company Applied Materials has appointed Gary Dickerson as its new CEO as the company tries to overcome declining sales and profits .
Though U.S. political leaders managed to spark some good news for the economy Friday, technology stocks are down for the week, showing a continued lack of confidence in the sector.
Collaboration is all the rage among corporate executives these days, which means IT is kept busy providing systems, tools and procedures that turn the vague concept into a real business benefit.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSystems Engineer - Wintel, VMWare and CitrixNSW
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 1610524/CCO/vmtAsia
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- FTLinux Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS SQL Server/C#.NET)160520/AP/vmtAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160606/AP/251Asia
- FTSenior Developer (.Net)SA
- CCSystems Analyst (HTML/JAVA/Wireless & Mobile) 160525/SA/443Asia
- FTSenior Developer (Full stack)SA
- CCIteration Manager/Agile Project ManagerNSW
- CCChange Manager- ProcurementNSW
- CCData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- CCInfrastructure and Cloud Project ManagerVIC
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- FTJunior Web Developer | CBD | Digital AgencyVIC
- FTNV1, NV2 Network Engineers | Permanent role with diverse Defence projectsACT
- CCIT Technical WriterACT
- CCSoftware Engineer (Client facing) - Publisher SolutionsNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Enterprise Java Beans/J2EE) 160601/AP/982Asia