Hackers love health apps because their popularity has outpaced the industry's ability to safeguard them. Technology experts discussed the privacy and security risks at a House hearing July 14 with the Energy and Commerce subcommittee.
Bigger emoji, stickers, and cute effects do not make for a super-useful messaging experience.
Iran has ordered messaging apps to transfer data and activity records of Iranian users to local servers within one year, a move that will give the country a greater ability to monitor and censor the online activity of its people.
Apple's app review process takes about two days now instead of nine, in hopes to increase revenue from the App Store.
Slack is offering its users a new way to sign into other applications. The company announced Tuesday that it has launched a new "Sign in with Slack" feature that lets people use their login for the chat app to sign in to participating applications.
Mobile device users installed nearly 156 billion mobile applications worldwide in 2015.
Uber and Twitter significantly expanded their attempts to influence members of congress through political lobbying in the first three months of this year.
The latest update lets you view notifications, read new emails, and reply to messages from the comfort of your wrist.
Facebook-owned WhatsApp has strengthened the encryption of its widely used instant messaging app, a development that in theory makes it harder for law enforcement to gain access to communications.
Google's never-ending quest to organize all the world's information might include plans to run all your group conversations.
The promise of porting Windows 10 apps to Xbox already has a few takers including Hulu and Nickelodeon.
Slack today formally opened its Australian office in Melbourne. The office will also serve as the Asia Pacific headquarters of the company.
People at work want to use the apps and services that make their teams and organisations productive and effective.
Ransomware has become a real scourge for consumers, businesses and even government institutions. Unfortunately, there's no end in sight, so here's what you should know.
Google is positive about the road ahead for Android Auto, saying it will come to 40 car models and support more apps this year.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- There's now a tool to test for NSA spyware
- Logitech's G410 mechanical keyboard is $60 today
- Leaked Microsoft document confirms Windows 10 Cloud and a Chromebook competitor
- Phishing attacks using internationalized domains are hard to block
- Users' orders: Make it easier to build hybrid clouds
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCMaster Data Analyst - SAPNSW
- FTProduct LeadVIC
- FTUser Support AnalystNSW
- FTSenior ICT Project ManagerNSW
- FTSecurity EngineerACT
- CCSAP FICO Support AnalystWA
- FTIT Test ManagerNSW
- CCTraining Lead - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior BI AnalystQLD
- TPBusiness Intelligence DeveloperSA
- FTSQL Server Database DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Software Developer (C#.Net and VB.Net)SA
- CCSolution Architect - Audio Visual/Video DomainVIC
- CCSenior Devops EngineerVIC
- CCProject Communications and Engagement SpecialistQLD
- FT.Net Developer - work on cutting edge BAU projectsVIC
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- TPTeam Leader Project And Quality AssuranceVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Cyber Security EnvironmentACT
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- CCServer SOE EngineerACT
- FTSecurity Manager (Adviser)ACT
- CCPersonal AssistantNSW
- FTOracle E-Business Functional ConsultantVIC
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystNSW