These tablet-optimized apps bring your business one step closer to going tree-free and totally mobile.
Canonical made quite a splash at the start of this year when it announced Ubuntu for phones, but--apart from what it demonstrated at the time--we're still waiting both for the downloadable image it promised to provide for the Galaxy Nexus and for spe...
Google has just updated its Google Search Android app, which now includes a home screen widget for the Google Now service.
When it comes to mobile platforms, it's all about the apps. Got apps? Then you've got users. If you don't, then you don't - just ask BlackBerry about its failed Playbook, and both Palm and HP about the disaster that was WebOS. Overall app quality mea...
The Macworld | iWorld Expo in San Francisco is an Apple lover's Disneyland. Ashton Kutcher kicked things off by plugging his movie iJobs, but the main attraction is the showroom floor where vendors display their wares, everything from iPad and iPhone...
Most iPhone and iPad apps appear harmless and fun, but don't fall for them. Some apps are virtual Trojan horses that swipe personal data when you're not looking. Appthority has put together a list of some of the worst offenders and you may be shocked...
Popular subscription music service Rdio has announced that Australian users can now stream free music on the Web, bringing the service in line with the US.
For some reason, Microsoft has taken to calling the mini-programs that you can install into their Office applications “apps”. Functionally, though, most of these are similar to Web browser add-ons - in the sense that they add to or enhance the featu...
If you want to be among the first to experience Mailbox for iPhone, stop reading for a moment and make a reservation for early access to the app. We'll wait.
You're in good hands with Windows 8
Where to watch the big event on Jan. 21, plan your trip to DC, or watch President Obama dance Gangnam style
No-code, low-code, and Cloud-based offerings give developers even more options for rapid prototyping and deployment of mobile apps
It's been a big year for smartphones--the iPhone 5, the Galaxy S III, the debut of Windows Phone 8--but as always, it's the apps that matter.
Microsoft says Windows Phone app reviewers will be working into the holidays to deal with a flood of new app submissions to the Windows Phone Store, but at least one major company isn't buying into the Windows Phone hype.
Highlights and lowlights from the Google Play Store’s “trending” section, fast-moving freebies and more.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTAGILE Implementation ManagerNSW
- FT2nd Line Engineer - CitrixVIC
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraNSW
- CCPMO Lead/ ManagerACT
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperOther
- FTDesktop Support Team LeaderQLD
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane BasedNSW
- FTSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTService Delivery Management LeadQLD
- FTJava Developers X 2QLD
- FTLevel 1/2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- FTLevel 1/2 Service Desk AnalystWA
- FTPaid Search SpecialistNSW
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCSenior Web Content AuthorACT
- CCProject Manager - Community Transport SolutionsACT
- CCSecurity/Server EngineerNSW
- FTGraduate DeveloperNSW
- FTSecurity AdministratorVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst-Shared Service Contact Centre or Call CentreNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCWeb DesignerNSW
- FTHadoop DeveloperVIC
- FTIT Business PartnerNSW