Although Swype was once the champion of gesture-based typing for Android phones, it now faces some serious competition from the new SwiftKey Flow.
Windows 8 was officially released October 26, which means under Microsoft's standard operating procedure, we will have to wait at least a few years before the next Windows software upgrade arrives.
Although Google and Microsoft don't exactly get along, that hasn't stopped Skype from updating its Android app with tablet support and improved audio quality.
Nokia's new Here Maps for iPhone and iPad launched in the App Store Monday, the latest offering in the flood of navigation apps trying to take advantage of widespread dissatisfaction with Apple's new native Maps app that, in iOS 6, replaced Google as...
13 new things to put onto your iPad or tablet
Narcissism on the go has never been so easy.
According to a new report from Bit9 - a security vendor with a focus on defending against advanced persistent threats (APT) - there is a one in four chance that downloading an Android app from the official Google Play market could put you at risk. Bi...
Microsoft's Metro environment in Windows 8 and Windows RT takes the iPad approach to apps, but is it better?
A Toshiba executive said his company will look to differentiate its tablets in emerging countries by pre-loading them with exclusive, local content.
Flipboard, the popular iPad app that transforms your social networking feeds into a sleek magazine, is now available for the iPhone.
Guess what? Your favorite Android app may be just 10 cents right now, thanks to the Android Market's 10 billion downloads celebration.
If an iPhone goes missing, well, there's an app for that. (It's Apple's venerable.) But where's the equivalent for Android? Surely there must be some app-tastic way to locate a rogue Android handset.
Android smartphone users can take some commonsense precautions to protect their personal data from being stolen -- important advice considering an app developer purports to know how to take the information in under 60 seconds.
If you liked the recent changes Facebook made to Improve privacy, then you'll want to upgrade immediately to the latest version of the social network's app for Android smartphones.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
- An IoT botnet is partly behind Friday's massive DDOS attack
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
- Easy-to-exploit rooting flaw puts Linux computers at risk
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCWebpage Designer - Canberra RoleNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantTAS
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161114/ITA/411Asia
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-month renewable Contract)Asia
- CCContract IT Assistant (System Backup Operation) 161014/ITA/523Asia
- CCNetwork AdministratorVIC
- CCProject Manager - Payroll SystemsSA
- CCAgile Business AnalystVIC
- CCChange Manager - Telco projectsNSW
- CCBuild and Release ManagerNSW
- FTAgile Front End Developer- HTML5 & CSS3NSW
- CCNetwork Designer/ConsultantVIC
- FTKronos AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Full Stack Java DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclipse) 161007/AP/vmpAsia
- CCInfrastructure & Security Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCContract Management SpecialistNSW
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectNSW
- FTTest ManagerNSW
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Internet/ Intranet) 161025/JP/vhaAsia