IBM is preparing to give third parties access to its Watson supercomputer with the aim of spurring the growth of applications that take advantage of the system's artificial intelligence capabilities.
Red Hat is cutting prices on the commercial version of its OpenShift Online PaaS (platform as a service) and making it available in more European countries, moves aimed at gaining a stronger foothold in one of the enterprise software industry's hotte...
Software AG is adding mashup and real-time analytic capabilities to its lineup with the acquisition of JackBe. Terms of the deal, which was announced Thursday, were not disclosed.
Citrix Systems has upgraded its Podio applications for Android and iOS, as well as the ShareFile app for the latter, which can now be used to edit Microsoft Office documents.
Hewlett-Packard has updated its dependency mapping software to help customers figure out which departments are using which systems and applications, to enable chargeback programs and other management tasks.
Whitepapers about Architecture
This eBook can help fix issues with integration strategy and data collection by telling you what the problem is and how to fix it by achieving better decisions and instant action. • As budgets inevitably tighten, good companies lose their competitive edge • Event-driven integration future proofs your integration platform and lets you use your integration budget for innovation rather than maintenance • Business users and IT can solve problems by focusing on improving the availability of information with contextual, event-based data
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro hybrid Ultrabook
- 3 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 4 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 5 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- UK network BT mulls mobile return to fuel quad-play competition
- EU sees harmonizing telecoms and online content rules key to €315B economic growth plan
- Microsoft fingered as company forced to pay $136M in back taxes in China
- Kraken to help probe missing bitcoins in MtGox liquidation
- UN committee calls on countries to protect right to privacy
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC