Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) has become a key building block for the Internet of Things, and chip makers are working to make it an even better fit by using the technology to further reduce power consumption of devices and helping developers implement i...
One of the biggest road blocks for future IoT (Internet of Things) growth is security, but ARM is looking to help address that by acquiring Israeli company Sansa Security.
Intel, Altera said near a deal... Senate lets NSA dragnet expire... Asus promises 4-day smartwatch life...and more tech news.
ARM is trying to resolve the thorny problem of battery life in Internet of Things devices with a new chip design that will significantly reduce the power consumed by processors, sensors and wireless chips.
UNICEF is best known for its children's aid efforts, but it turns out that the U.N. agency has an small arsenal of surprisingly innovative gadgets that it uses to improve the lives of underprivileged kids and families worldwide.
Heated competition in the smartphone and tablet markets has required chip makers to speed up the pace at which they release new processors, the CEO of ARM said in an interview this week.
Six from China charged in US IP theft... ARM teams with Unicef on wearables... Microsoft previewing new Office for Android apps... and more tech news.
Wearables are often considered novelty items, but UNICEF believes the devices could revolutionize health and education and improve the lives of millions in developing countries.
Security researcher took over airplane systems via inflight tech
ARM's next major CPU design could be here sooner than you think.
With the Internet of Things in mind, ARM wants to improve the battery life of sensors that use Bluetooth, making it efficient enough to be powered using energy harvesting.
You win some, you lose some. Microsoft this week dropped support for ARM processors from its Surface tablets with the Surface 3, but adoption of the chip architecture in Chromebooks is growing.
Raw horsepower has always been important measuring stick for performance of mobile devices and PCs, but it's also important to determine whether applications are written to exploit all the available hardware features.
As HP reports numbers, questions will be on its split ... GOPers on FCC want to delay net neutrality vote ... Google deals for Softcard ... and more tech news.
ARM and IBM want hobbyists to make their own connected devices in a matter of minutes with a new development kit announced Monday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Java-based Trojan was used to attack over 400,000 systems
- HPE servers get new names to help users figure out what they can be used for
- Amazon Web Services goes gunning for gamers with free FPS framework
- US government wants to sharply increase spending on cybersecurity
- Facebook faces restrictions in France on data transfer to US, tracking of users
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTBusiness Analyst - Superannuation FundVIC
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- CCService Delivery Manager - Infrastructure/ApplicationsNSW
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW
- CCSenior Product Specialist - Cisco CPENSW
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia
- CCIT Solution DesignerNSW
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- CCContracts ManagerNSW
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- CCService EngineerVIC
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCSSIS/ SSRS ExpertVIC
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- CCCitrix Systems EngineerNSW
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT