Google's Nest subsidiary and heavy hitters including Samsung Electronics and Arm Holdings are launching the latest bid to make sensors, cameras, appliances and other devices in homes easily talk to each other.
A new ARM mini-computer that could speed up the development of applications for 64-bit Android L smartphones and tablets will ship late next month.
In the gold rush for wearables, the key to success is invisibility and long battery life. ARM is pursuing the development of tiny processors that fit the profile.
After flirting with the idea for more than a year, Advanced Micro Devices has finally provided concrete details for bringing Android to its chips as the company looks to support more operating systems beyond Windows.
ARM is targeting midrange smartphones and tablets priced starting at US$200 with its Cortex-A17 processor core, announced Tuesday.
Microsoft has joined a new project to accelerate the development of ARM-based servers, suggesting ARM versions of products like Windows Server and Hyper-V could be in the works.
Imagination Technologies, which designs graphics chips used in the iPhone and other top mobile products, is promising "console quality graphics" with an updated GPU lineup announced on Monday.
To make its mark in the mobile gaming industry, ARM acquired video game lighting effects company Geomerics.
Boston Limited has announced a new server based on ARM processors and certified to run Ubuntu Linux 13.10, a move that could further stir up growing interest in ARM servers.
ARM has released designs for two new Mali GPU cores, including a 16-core part that should help bring higher-end capabilities like video-editing and gesture recognition to mobile devices.
Low-power servers running on Calxeda's 64-bit ARM chip will be available a year from now, Calxeda said.
Dell will give its first public demonstration of a 64-bit ARM server this week, the latest step in an industrywide effort to build servers based on low-power chips like those used in smartphones.
IBM has licensed smartphone and tablet processor designs from ARM, which will be used in new communications and networking gear.
A new ARM architecture for embedded chips could boost the power and precision of systems used in a variety of products, including car brakes, medical devices and factory systems.
MediaTek is promising smartphone buyers they will get more bang for their buck now that it plans to introduce its LTE chipsets and use ARM's upcoming 64-bit processor designs.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Amazon testing parcel deliveries by drones in the UK
- AMD packs 1TB SSD into a GPU for better VR and gaming
- AMD's Radeon Pro WX GPUs can create VR content for under $1,000
- AMD introduces a new Radeon Pro WX series to replace FirePro
- FBI probes DNC hack as suspicions of Russian involvement widen
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSenior Tester - Automation / Telecommunications (Urgent)NSW
- CCApplication Tester - Windows 10 ProjectWA
- CCChange Analysts - multiple rolesNSW
- CCSoftware Developer- CobolACT
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC
- FTSystems Administrator, Linux, Networking, AWSNSW
- FTSenior .Net Applications SupportACT
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerWA
- FTProgram Master SchedulerVIC
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- FTService Desk ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Architect - CloudNSW
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA
- CCProject Coordinator/ Jr Business Analyst- Govt backgroundNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- CCProject Manager - Change/Transformation/Project DeliveryNSW
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCService Lead - Cloud hosting and storageNSW
- CCIP & Fixed Enablement SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160728/AP/623Asia
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCMicrosoft Business Intelligence (BI) ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/UNIX) 160804/AP/172Asia