Google's Nest subsidiary and heavy hitters including Samsung Electronics and Arm Holdings are launching the latest bid to make sensors, cameras, appliances and other devices in homes easily talk to each other.
A new ARM mini-computer that could speed up the development of applications for 64-bit Android L smartphones and tablets will ship late next month.
In the gold rush for wearables, the key to success is invisibility and long battery life. ARM is pursuing the development of tiny processors that fit the profile.
After flirting with the idea for more than a year, Advanced Micro Devices has finally provided concrete details for bringing Android to its chips as the company looks to support more operating systems beyond Windows.
ARM is targeting midrange smartphones and tablets priced starting at US$200 with its Cortex-A17 processor core, announced Tuesday.
Microsoft has joined a new project to accelerate the development of ARM-based servers, suggesting ARM versions of products like Windows Server and Hyper-V could be in the works.
Imagination Technologies, which designs graphics chips used in the iPhone and other top mobile products, is promising "console quality graphics" with an updated GPU lineup announced on Monday.
To make its mark in the mobile gaming industry, ARM acquired video game lighting effects company Geomerics.
Boston Limited has announced a new server based on ARM processors and certified to run Ubuntu Linux 13.10, a move that could further stir up growing interest in ARM servers.
ARM has released designs for two new Mali GPU cores, including a 16-core part that should help bring higher-end capabilities like video-editing and gesture recognition to mobile devices.
Low-power servers running on Calxeda's 64-bit ARM chip will be available a year from now, Calxeda said.
Dell will give its first public demonstration of a 64-bit ARM server this week, the latest step in an industrywide effort to build servers based on low-power chips like those used in smartphones.
IBM has licensed smartphone and tablet processor designs from ARM, which will be used in new communications and networking gear.
A new ARM architecture for embedded chips could boost the power and precision of systems used in a variety of products, including car brakes, medical devices and factory systems.
MediaTek is promising smartphone buyers they will get more bang for their buck now that it plans to introduce its LTE chipsets and use ARM's upcoming 64-bit processor designs.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/Oracle) 160617/AP/025Asia
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW
- CCTelecommunications Operations Support officerACT
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW
- CCTechnology DeveloperVIC
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCUrgent requirement for a Splunk SMEVIC
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160630/SITA/642Asia
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Oracle Financials (Procure To Pay)NSW
- CCSecurity Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Designer - Cyber SecurityNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT