Intel's US$740 million investment in software company Cloudera will help sell more x86 chips in Hadoop installations, but it could also be a defensive move to maintain its server lead from the emerging threat posed by 64-bit ARM servers.
For more than a decade Arm Holdings has designed chips that have powered mobile handsets and smartphones like Apple's iPhone. The company now faces a challenger in Intel, which recently demonstrated a smartphone, LG Electronics' GW990, based on its u...
For once, Intel knows how it feels to be the underdog.
If you still blanche at the term "netbook" for being an ungainly piece of vendor-speak, then prepare to be nauseated later this year as "smartbook" supporters start to bang that marketing drum.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 2 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 3 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
- 4 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
- 5 Oppo Find 7 Android smartphone
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Yahoo squeezes out some growth
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 (Series 2) review: For elegant sound
- Ford wants to keep drivers alert on the long road to autonomous cars
- Kii offers an on-ramp to the Internet of Things
- New Windows 10 TP build adds Windows Phone Action Center
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTSales Account ExecutiveNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Sales ManagerNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW