It's the early days for mobile virtual reality, and a robust VR-capable smartphone could cost you more than $500. But a new GPU from ARM could make VR a default feature in low-cost handsets by 2018.
Apple's A10 Fusion at the heart of the iPhone 7 is the most powerful chip ever to appear in a smartphone, the company claimed. Apple's new ARM processor allocates low-effort jobs to special low-powered cores, then ramps up the performance when needed...
A mobile chip faster than the one in flagship smartphones like Samsung's Galaxy S7 and LG's G5 will start appearing in handsets this quarter.
IBM has many goals with its upcoming Power9 chip, and one is to challenge the dominance of Intel's x86 chips in the data center.
Alternative chip architectures are taking some thunder away from Intel's x86 at this week's International Supercomputing Conference in Frankfurt. The ARM architecture, which dominates mobile-device chips, will appear in Fujitsu's next flagship superc...
ARM, the company behind the architecture of most mobile processors, created its next-generation chip designs for sustained high performance and longer battery life.
Qualcomm's upcoming server chips are being tested by top-tier cloud players, but now developers can also work with them through a new cloud service.
For a while it was hard to get a hand on an ARM, but that may not be the case soon.
IBM's Internet of Things platform can now work with IoT processors designed by ARM, thanks to a new partnership between the two companies.
Apple streaming service likely at WWDC...Intel shows Skylake tab in Taipei...ARM looks to IoT security, possible acquisition...and more tech news.
Some artists are said to paint with light. Geomerics, an ARM subsidiary that develops dynamic lighting technology, helps game developers do just that. Today the company released its third-generation product -- Enlighten 3 -- along with a new Forge de...
Every flagship smartphone you buy contains a processor designed by ARM. On Tuesday, ARM described what those flagship phones will look like in 2016 -- and they'll all be powered by its new chip, the Cortex A-72 processor.
Low battery consumption will be a key to success for IoT products, and chip makers are working on more frugal processors and microcontrollers to make that happen.
Chipmakers want to make hardware the first layer of defense against data breaches and other attacks on tablets and smartphones.
Advanced Micro Devices' first ARM chips code-named Seattle will not initially be compliant with specifications from the HSA Foundation, which can boost overall system performance, but support will be added in future generations of the server chips.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTTechnical Solutions Architect -Cloud /Work Location - CanberraNSW
- FTSecurity Sales SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- CCLead Systems EngineerNSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)ACT
- FTEnterprise Architect - Information ManagementVIC
- FTMotor Claims ConsultantNSW
- FTIndustry Engagement ManagerVIC
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderVIC
- TPMid Level Frontend DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnology Specialist-AWS MigrationNSW
- CCWintel Server SupportACT
- CCQuality and Testing Assurance SpecialistNSW
- FTIT Client Support AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Systems EngineerWA
- CCWeb Services Tester- Test AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager :ApplicationsWA
- CCProject Manager DW BINSW
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystVIC
- CCSystems AdministratorQLD
- FTEnterprise Architect - BusinessQLD
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FTRegional Customer Relations Manager - APACQLD
- FTDevOps EngineerQLD