Nvidia launched its next-generation Tegra processor for low-cost laptops and tablets on Thursday, which could intensify competition with rival Intel in the chip market.
Processor makers ARM and MIPS Technologies are both aiming to simplify and accelerate the use of netbooks, MIDs (mobile Internet devices), set-top boxes and picture frames that run on Google's Android software platform.
Reports that the Linux netbook is dead or dying are incorrect, at least globally, according to an analyst firm.
Arm Holdings has introduced a processor for smartphones and other devices that it says will be cheaper, and more powerful and energy-efficient than the two ARM processors it will supplant. The company expects that the new chip will also help it ward ...
Arm Holdings is positioning its chips as the main processors in the low-end laptop market, but does not expect these chips to account for a significant part of its revenue, an executive said on Friday.
After comfortably residing for years in mobile devices like cell phones, chips based on the Arm design are finding their way into commercial laptops.
Arm Holdings on Wednesday raised the clock speed of its Cortex A9 processor to 2GHz, with the aim of boosting application performance while drawing less power.
Sharp Electronics this week introduced a netbook-like mobile device with a 5-inch touch screen that is designed to run Internet-based applications.
Dell is developing a handheld mobile device designed for Internet access, following in the footsteps of rival Apple, according to a news report published in the Wall Street Journal on Monday.
Intel and handset maker Nokia are teaming to develop new mobile computing device and chipset architectures, the companies said Tuesday.
Nvidia hopes to develop chips that enable applications such as image recognition and video search on mobile devices like smartphones and low-cost laptops, CEO Jen-Hsun Huang said on Tuesday.
Microsoft Corp. on Tuesday launched the latest version of its Windows operating system for computing gadgets while quashing speculation that it will port Windows 7 over to ARM-based netbooks.
Laptops and handheld computers based on Nvidia's Tegra computing platform will hit the market before the end of this year, the company said Tuesday.
The first computers based on Nvidia's Tegra platform have yet to hit the market, but that company is already talking up its successor, Tegra II.
Elitegroup Computer Systems (ECS) showed off its first netbook with Google's Android operating system and software at Computex Taipei 2009 on Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Dell XPS 13 laptop (early 2015 model)
- 2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ70 compact camera
- 3 HP Stream 8 tablet with Windows 8.1
- 4 Samsung Gear VR virtual reality headset
- 5 Alienware 13 gaming laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Samsung Galaxy S6, S6 Edge pricing: Vodafone vs Optus vs Telstra vs Virgin
- Smaller, lower-priced Microsoft Surface 3 tablet coming in May
- In a haystack of data, Alation helps find the needle
- Apigee aims to unify IoT with APIs
- EPIC appeals to court for FAA drone privacy rules
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Ad Operations ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Ad Operations ManagerQLD
- CCInformation ArchitectNSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTMarketing Executive | MusicNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTDigital Producer - Mobile AppsNSW
- FTProduct Producer | MobileNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- FTEmail Campaign Manager - leading fashion group!NSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTMedia Sales Executive - Client Side!!NSW
- FTDigital Producer - ConsumerNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTAgency Sales Manager - Software Sales - Major Global Tech Company!NSW
- FTDigital Communications Specialist | Internet Services| BrisbaneNSW
- FTCRM Campaign ManagerNSW
- FTMobile Sales managerNSW