Arm has entered the server market with Marvell Semiconductor announcing a chip based on its processor architecture, but customer acceptance and design issues could affect its chances of winning market share from Intel and Advanced Micro Devices, anal...
Arm and Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company announced a partnership to enable the design of smaller chips for devices like smartphones and tablets, the companies said on Tuesday.
The rumours that Apple wants to buy high-rated UK chip supplier ARM have returned with dramatic effect.
Intel has set its sights on the burgeoning tablet computing market with its latest Moorestown chips, which the company believes will help break rival Arm's dominant position in the handheld device market.
Intel has ported Google's Android mobile operating system to smartphones based on its Atom microprocessors, an Intel executive said Tuesday.
Intel is going after the tablet market for its low-power processors, including an upcoming Atom processor designed for mobile phones, the company said.
Chip designer Arm this week showed its first processor made using the advanced 28-nanometer manufacturing process, which should improve battery life and functionality in future smartphones.
The SIM cards in cellular telephones might be smaller than a postage stamp and less than a millimeter thick but that hasn't stopped South Korea's SK Telecom from cramming all the major components needed to run Google's Android OS inside one of them.
Nvidia launched its next-generation Tegra processor for low-cost laptops and tablets on Thursday, which could intensify competition with rival Intel in the chip market.
Processor makers ARM and MIPS Technologies are both aiming to simplify and accelerate the use of netbooks, MIDs (mobile Internet devices), set-top boxes and picture frames that run on Google's Android software platform.
Reports that the Linux netbook is dead or dying are incorrect, at least globally, according to an analyst firm.
Arm Holdings has introduced a processor for smartphones and other devices that it says will be cheaper, and more powerful and energy-efficient than the two ARM processors it will supplant. The company expects that the new chip will also help it ward ...
Arm Holdings is positioning its chips as the main processors in the low-end laptop market, but does not expect these chips to account for a significant part of its revenue, an executive said on Friday.
After comfortably residing for years in mobile devices like cell phones, chips based on the Arm design are finding their way into commercial laptops.
Arm Holdings on Wednesday raised the clock speed of its Cortex A9 processor to 2GHz, with the aim of boosting application performance while drawing less power.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/SQL Server) 160812/AP/553Asia
- CCService Coordinator/HelpdeskWA
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC
- FTProject Manager - IT Technology / Site RelocationsNSW
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- CCAssociate Engineer (Communications Engineering)Asia
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- CCCRM Technical Consultant / DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Security SpecialistNSW
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTMidrange Server Provision SMENSW
- CCUI/UX DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160810/AP/662Asia
- CCFMW DevelopersACT
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW
- FTAgile Coach / Training & Support ManagerNSW
- CCVendor ManagerVIC
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior .Net Applications SupportACT
- CCDirector - Technical Upgrade Program- Data migration, InfraNSW
- CCData Analyst / Data ModelerNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTMobility Test AnalystNSW
- CCPortfolio ManagerVIC