Sharp Electronics this week introduced a netbook-like mobile device with a 5-inch touch screen that is designed to run Internet-based applications.
Dell is developing a handheld mobile device designed for Internet access, following in the footsteps of rival Apple, according to a news report published in the Wall Street Journal on Monday.
Intel and handset maker Nokia are teaming to develop new mobile computing device and chipset architectures, the companies said Tuesday.
Nvidia hopes to develop chips that enable applications such as image recognition and video search on mobile devices like smartphones and low-cost laptops, CEO Jen-Hsun Huang said on Tuesday.
Microsoft Corp. on Tuesday launched the latest version of its Windows operating system for computing gadgets while quashing speculation that it will port Windows 7 over to ARM-based netbooks.
Laptops and handheld computers based on Nvidia's Tegra computing platform will hit the market before the end of this year, the company said Tuesday.
The first computers based on Nvidia's Tegra platform have yet to hit the market, but that company is already talking up its successor, Tegra II.
Elitegroup Computer Systems (ECS) showed off its first netbook with Google's Android operating system and software at Computex Taipei 2009 on Tuesday.
The first netbook computer running the Google Inc.-backed Android mobile operating system on a low-cost ARM chip could become available to customers within three months, the maker's co-founder said this week.
Stanford University researchers are designing an operating system from the ground up to handle the power and security requirements of mobile devices.
Intel Corp. plans to turn over to the Linux Foundation control of Moblin, the Linux operating system it developed for netbooks using its Atom processor.
A year ago, netbooks were viewed as a good chance for Linux to finally break into the desktop computing mainstream.
Chip designer Arm Holdings released on Tuesday its first application profiling tool for the Symbian OS.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Yahoo abandons fight, sells internet business to Verizon for $4.8B
- Cut the carbon footprint of your business by outsourcing your data centre management
- Frazzled or burnt out? You need downtime but where do you find it?
- The network matters for storage innovation
- IDC: Smartwatch sales decline for the first time
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTMobility Test AnalystNSW
- FTSAP Team LeadVIC
- CCProject Coordinator/ Jr Business Analyst- Govt backgroundNSW
- CCEnvironment Support AnalystQLD
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerWA
- CCDesktop Engineer (SCCM/SOE)WA
- FTNetwork Infrastructure SpecialistSA
- CCDeployment ManagerACT
- CCProject Manager, Credit CardsNSW
- FTPHP Developer (full stack)WA
- CCData Analyst / Data ModelerNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (Lotus Notes/PC LAN) 160722/ITA/474Asia
- CCTest Lead-Agile, SCRUM, HP QC, JIRA, UX Government backgroundNSW
- CCUI/UX DeveloperVIC
- FTIT Helpdesk (Microsoft)NSW
- CCTechnical Specialist - EUCNSW
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - CloudVIC
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- FTPortfolio Governance AnalystVIC
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW