Dell is developing a handheld mobile device designed for Internet access, following in the footsteps of rival Apple, according to a news report published in the Wall Street Journal on Monday.
Intel and handset maker Nokia are teaming to develop new mobile computing device and chipset architectures, the companies said Tuesday.
Nvidia hopes to develop chips that enable applications such as image recognition and video search on mobile devices like smartphones and low-cost laptops, CEO Jen-Hsun Huang said on Tuesday.
Microsoft Corp. on Tuesday launched the latest version of its Windows operating system for computing gadgets while quashing speculation that it will port Windows 7 over to ARM-based netbooks.
Laptops and handheld computers based on Nvidia's Tegra computing platform will hit the market before the end of this year, the company said Tuesday.
The first computers based on Nvidia's Tegra platform have yet to hit the market, but that company is already talking up its successor, Tegra II.
Elitegroup Computer Systems (ECS) showed off its first netbook with Google's Android operating system and software at Computex Taipei 2009 on Tuesday.
The first netbook computer running the Google Inc.-backed Android mobile operating system on a low-cost ARM chip could become available to customers within three months, the maker's co-founder said this week.
Stanford University researchers are designing an operating system from the ground up to handle the power and security requirements of mobile devices.
Intel Corp. plans to turn over to the Linux Foundation control of Moblin, the Linux operating system it developed for netbooks using its Atom processor.
A year ago, netbooks were viewed as a good chance for Linux to finally break into the desktop computing mainstream.
Chip designer Arm Holdings released on Tuesday its first application profiling tool for the Symbian OS.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCData ArchitectSA
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical OfficerACT
- CCProgram ManagementWA
- CCIT Finance Systems Process AnalystNSW
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- FTFront End .Net Developer (.Net / Angular / Bootstrap)NSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- CCSAP Application Delivery LeadVIC
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- CCIT Desktop Support- Travelling in NSW requiredNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160616/AP/185Asia
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/SQL/PHP) 160628/AP/113Asia
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia