Several Republicans in the U.S. Congress who voted this year to overturn net neutrality rules -- with most opponents arguing the rules would create the first-ever regulation of the Internet -- have now signed on to sponsor one of two bills that would...
A proposal by U.S. House of Representatives Republicans to free up spectrum for mobile broadband use would remove net neutrality rules on new spectrum auctions and would make it difficult for innovators to use unlicensed spectrum going forward, a dig...
Late last week, the U.S. House of Representatives approved a budget bill that included a prohibition on the U.S. Federal Communications Commission enforcing net neutrality rules, but it's unclear whether that provision will survive.
Republicans are poised to take majority control of the U.S. House of Representatives after Tuesday's election, but it will be business as usual for many technology policy issues in Congress.
57 per cent of likely voters in the U.S. don't support any Internet regulation by the federal government, according to a new survey released by Broadband for America, an advocacy group with members including AT&T and Verizon Communications.
A potential deal between Google and Verizon Communications on network neutrality may not carry much weight with the U.S. Federal Communications Commission, which has been trying to broker its own deal in recent weeks.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTUI DeveloperVIC
- TPSQL/BI DeveloperNSW
- CCJava DeveloperNSW
- TPAnalyst Work Place SupportVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- CCProject Manager / Senior Business AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTPHP DevelopersQLD
- CCJava API Developer - MediaVIC
- FT2nd Level Desktop Support Analyst l SCCMNSW
- CCHadoop DeveloperVIC
- CCHadoop DeveloperACT
- CCProject Manager- Office 365 and Core Azure servicesNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - InformationQLD
- CCMainframe ArchitectVIC
- TPBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- TPApplications Project ManagerQLD
- FTTechnical Solutions Architect - CloudNSW
- CCTest Manager - Data Warehouse experienceACT
- CCJava Application Developer - BaselineACT
- FTIT Client Support AnalystNSW
- FTDesktop Delivery Team LeaderVIC
- CCPowerOn Mobile SpecialistWA
- CCProject Coordinator - Junior PM (ERP)ACT