Europe's app providers were Thursday warned by authorities that many of them are breaking consumer protection laws.
Association for Competitive Technology
The U.S. White House will launch new efforts aimed at combating abusive patent lawsuits, including a website to assist defendants of patent lawsuits brought by so-called patent trolls.
A U.S. House of Representatives committee has approved legislation aimed at making it more difficult for so-called patent trolls to use infringement lawsuits against other businesses.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission should back away from its claim of broad authority to seek sanctions against companies for data breaches when it has no clearly defined data security standards, critics of the agency said Thursday.
Lobbyists derailed an effort by U.S. President Barack Obama's administration to create mobile privacy standards, a privacy group charged on Thursday, while some participants in the process conceded it lacked focus.
With the U.S. presidential election on Tuesday, it's fair to say that technology policy hasn't risen to the top of the agenda in the debate between President Barack Obama and Republican challenger Mitt Romney.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google Fiber puts expansion plans on hold to review strategy
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- Civilization VI review: Learning from some (but not all) of history's mistakes
- Dyn attack: US Senator wants to know why IoT security is so anemic
- Apple's Q4 2016 results: Better than expected with 45.5 million iPhones sold, but revenue continues to slide
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- CCCommunications ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Procurement SpecialistVIC
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- CCWindows EngineerACT
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Voice & VideoACT
- TPPHP Junior Developer/ProgrammerQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Web Programming) 161013/AP/185Asia
- FTIT Operations Manager / IT Business ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Software DeveloperACT
- FTSecurity Consultant / SMENSW
- FTEnterprise Database Manager - Defence - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTSenior Murex DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- FTMid to senior Java Software EngineerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementWA
- FTSENIOR .Net DEVELOPERQLD
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 161018/P/911Asia
- FTBusiness Analyst - PermanentACT
- CCTechnical Consultant MS Dynamic AXQLD
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- FTDynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- CCBase24 DeveloperNSW
- TPEDRMS Project ManagerVIC