Touch-based Windows 8 notebooks have been selling well for Taiwanese PC maker Asus, but overall Microsoft's new operating system has yet to find a major following, the company said.
ASUS has today unveiled the MeMO Pad, a low-cost, 7in Android tablet that will sell for less than Google's Nexus 7 device.
Security researchers from Croatia-based security firm DefenseCode claim to have found a critical remote code execution vulnerability in the UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) implementation developed by Broadcom and used by many routers with Broadcom chi...
Apple and Samsung Electronics led the tablet market in the fourth quarter of 2012, but new entrant Microsoft did not make it to the top five with its Surface tablet.
ASUS today confirmed that its Taichi 21 hybrid Ultrabook is expected to be in Australian stores by 21 January. It has been a long time coming for this 11.6in hybrid product, which we initially reviewed back in November 2012, and it's sure to get a fa...
The best 7-inch tablets available today, including tablets from ASUS, Samsung, Lenovo and HTC. And all 7 of these 7-inchers cost less than Apple's brand new iPad mini tablet.
ASUS has confirmed its Padfone 2 smartphone won't launch in Australia until 2013, despite a release in Europe and Asia before the end of 2012.
The Asus Transformer Prime, the world’s first quad-core tablet, is getting praise from reviewers, who say it might be the best Android tablet yet.
During the first 10 months of this year, 1.2 million tablet computers were sold in the US and none of them were iPads.
Fearing slow sales and a market dominated by <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/product/710257/apple_116inch_macbook_air14ghz_64_gb.html?p=review">Apple's MacBook Air</a>, major notebook makers plan to release a limited number of <a href="http://www.pcw...
On Wednesday, Apple announced boosted specs for its ultra-slim MacBook Air laptops. The update included second-generation Intel Core i5 processors, new Thunderbolt connectivity, more storage space, and the return of the backlit keyboard.
Despite earlier reports that sales of Asus' convertible tablet were slowing, monthly shipments of the Eee Pad Transformer have surpassed 400,000 units per month, according to DigiTimes --making the Transformer the second-best selling tablet after the...
Let the Windows 8 hardware rumors begin.
ASUS has today announced local pricing details for its Eee Pad Transformer Android tablet, pricing it significantly higher in Australia than in the US.
ASUS will announce the Australian launch of its anticipated Eee Pad Transformer Android tablet at a media event in Sydney on 24 May.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Digital MarketNSW
- CCSenior Performance Test AnalystQLD
- CCConsumer Social Specialist (Digital)VIC
- FTSoftware Sales & BDMNSW
- FTInfrastructure Security SpecialistVIC
- CCProject Manager DW BINSW
- FTFinancial AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Network Engineer (Newcastle Based)NSW
- CCTest AnalystACT
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- CCEmail Production SpecialistQLD
- TPSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Windows Systems Engineer- MCSE- SCOM, SCCMNSW
- CCWindows 365 Engineer - start ASAPNSW
- CCDevelopment Lead - JavaNSW
- TPFrontend DeveloperNSW
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- CCPMO CoordinatorNSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- TPSAP BO DeveloperWA
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperACT
- FTSecurity Operations EngineerNSW
- FTChange Manager/ Project ManagerACT
- CCActive Directory Engineer l Design & SupportNSW