RCA unexpectedly jolted an otherwise slowing tablet market in the third quarter as Apple's iPad shipments continued to decline.
Asustek's Padfone X Mini, which can be used either as a smartphone or a tablet, will be available in the U.S. starting next week.
Games with better special effects and more life-like images are coming to laptops with Nvidia's latest flagship GeForce GTX 980M and 970M graphics processing units.
Asus' US$2,699 Zenbook NX500, which will ship in November, has an eye-popping price, but packs some interesting features.
It's been a big week for smartwatches and the next few days could be even bigger if rumors are true and Apple enters the battle for the wrist on Tuesday.
Taiwan's Asustek Computer plans to put a smartwatch on sale later this month for US$199 or €199, the company said Wednesday.
Routers appear to be as insecure as ever, after hackers successfully compromised five popular wireless models during a contest at the DefCon 22 security conference, reporting 15 new vulnerabilities to affected vendors.
Laptops about half the size of current models, along with faster, more power-efficient chips, improvements in wireless connectivity, and 3-D cameras in PCs were among the wares on display this week at Computex in Taipei.
Small Chinese tablet makers continue to experiment with dual-boot tablets running Windows or Android, a market that big device makers have shied from.
Traditionally viewed as a geek's paradise, the Computex trade show will turn into a battlefield for the body next week.
Asus may launch its first wearable device in this year's third quarter in line with its growing reliance on devices like smartphones and tablets to drive sales.
The looming threat of running an unsupported OS wasn't enough to save PC shipments from continuing their slide in the first quarter.
David Jevans, CTO and founder of Marble Security, recently received some bad feedback from a potential customer testing his company's product, which helps organizations manage and secure their mobile devices.
Android and Samsung Electronics were the big winners in the tablet market last year, as sales grew by 68 percent, according to market research company Gartner.
Asustek is stressing high-speed cellular connectivity with its latest Fonepad 7 LTE tablet, announced on Monday at the Mobile World Congress trade show in Barcelona.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCServiceNow Technical LeadNSW
- CCProject Manager- transformation from SAP Oracle to SAP HANANSW
- CCSOA -Solution Architect -baselineACT
- CCPricing ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project OfficerACT
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCOracle Pl/SQL DeveloperNSW
- CCService Lead - Cloud hosting and storageNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclise) 160721/AP/vmpAsia
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- CCSAP FICO Consultant/SAP FICO Stream LeadNSW
- FTPortfolio Governance ConsultantNSW
- CCPortfolio ManagerVIC
- CCCRM Technical Consultant / DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Citrix EngineerNSW
- FTIdentity Systems Analyst / Solution DesignerACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL/Web) 160719/P/741Asia
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectQLD