Five telecom trade groups and two broadband providers have asked the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to put a hold on net neutrality rules it recently approved.
The writing's on the wall about the short supply of IPv4 addresses, and IPv6 has been around since 1999. Then why does the new protocol still make up just a fraction of the Internet?
One of the main arguments for the trade groups and ISPs that have filed six -- yes, six -- lawsuits against the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's net neutrality rules is that the agency violated a 69-year-old administrative procedure law in cr...
EU charges Google with antitrust and opens Android probe... Intel sales down along with PCs... new lawsuits challenge net neutrality... and more tech news.
You've probably heard about the looming shortage of Internet addresses, even if you've never gone looking for one. But depending on what websites you visit and how you get to them, you may be helping to solve it.
The punishment AT&T received this week from the U.S. government for its sloppy protection of customer data is peanuts and won't scare other companies into taking stronger security measures, some cybersecurity experts said.
Employees at three overseas call centers sold hundreds of thousands of AT&T customer records, including names and Social Security numbers, to criminals who attempted to use the customer information to unlock stolen mobile phones, the U.S. Federal Com...
The net neutrality debate in the U.S. over the past year has been filled with hyperbole, speculation and questionable claims, coming from both sides of the debate.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission voted Thursday to pass new net neutrality rules and reclassify broadband as a regulated telecommunications service, but the text of the full order may not be released for several weeks. Here's what we know s...
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has voted to approve new net neutrality rules by reclassifying broadband as a regulated public utility, over the objections of the commission's Republican members and large broadband providers.
Wi-Fi may carry many voice calls within the next few years, but the technology required to make those calls is still young in some ways.
The chairman of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission has proposed net neutrality rules based on reclassifying broadband as a regulated public utility and will ask fellow commissioners to approve that approach later this month.
AT&T spent nearly US$18.2 billion on wireless spectrum licenses in a blockbuster mobile-auction spectrum for licenses across the U.S., far outspending the other major U.S. carriers and satellite service provider Dish Network.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has redefined advanced broadband as having 25Mbps download speeds, up from 4Mbps, giving the agency new authority to pass rules to encourage deployment across the country.
AT&T has agreed to acquire mobile carrier Nextel Mexico for UDS$1.9 billion from parent company NII Holdings, in an effort by AT&T to win a larger slice of the Mexican mobile market, the company announced Monday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Okta's API access product targets the trend toward services
- Say hello to old friend Dell Technologies on Sept. 7
- DARPA sees IoT and AI as weapons to dominate wars
- BitTorrent client is found distributing Mac-based malware
- Get started in data science: 5 steps you can take online for free
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTOrchestration Engineer - DevOps - PuppetVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/P/601Asia
- CCSystems Analyst (IT Security/Network & Systems) 160826/SA/652Asia
- CCDesktop Support (Contract Renewable)Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst / SalesforceNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCSr. Project Manager- Infrastructure- Data Centre,VirtualizationNSW
- CCCA Gen Model Management-Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Solaris, TTNNSW
- CCSAP ArchitectSA
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager (12-month renewable contract)Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Internet/ Intranet) 160902/SA/222Asia
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- CCAsset Transfer Specialist | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCVMWare SpecialistACT
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- CCProject Manager (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 160906/PM/472Asia
- FTUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCSr IT Support specialist - MCSE- L2/L3- Travelling requiredNSW
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMware - CanberraACT
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- CCIT Program Manager - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - GeneralVIC