Polycom, a maker of unified communications equipment, has joined several major carriers around the world to form the Open Visual Communications Consortium (OVCC), intended to make it easier to link one videoconferencing system to another.
Sprint Nextel, joined by an army of thousands of consumers, have filed requests for the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to block AT&T's proposed acquisition of rival mobile carrier T-Mobile USA.
AT&T's proposed acquisition of rival mobile carrier T-Mobile USA would give customers fewer choices and drive up prices, some U.S. lawmakers said Thursday.
T-Mobile is determined to get as much mileage out of its HSPA+ network as possible as the carrier has again increased its speed to reach theoretical peaks of 42Mbps in more than 50 markets.
Two U.S. agencies reviewing AT&T's proposed acquisition of T-Mobile USA should reject it because it's anticompetitive and will hurt consumers and the U.S. tech industry, three antitrust experts said Tuesday.
A browser-based app developed by Georgia Tech researchers is designed to help Internet users make better use of their bandwidth – and to make sure ISPs are holding up their end of the bandwidth bargain.
Several U.S. senators questioned Wednesday whether AT&T's proposed acquisition of rival mobile carrier T-Mobile USA would be good for customers, as the companies have claimed, with critics saying the deal would create a duopoly in the U.S. mobile tel...
The U.S. government and the country's top mobile phone service providers on Tuesday launched a public safety program that will allow people to receive emergency alerts via text message.
Samsung's Android-based Infuse 4G with its 4.5-inch super AMOLED screen is coming to AT&T on May 15 for $200 with a new two-year contract.
Apple has topped Google as the most valuable brand in the world, according to a study released over the weekend by brand consultancy Millward Brown.
The LG Optimus Black is a smartly designed Android phone that features a nice-looking display, a simple and clean user interface, and battery life that would make some far-more-expensive smartphones envious.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission should investigate AT&T's new broadband caps and ask questions about why the company needs them, two broadband advocacy groups said.
The Android-powered Xperia Mini Pro smartphone from Sony Ericsson, Sony Ericsson unveiled the Xperia Mini and Xperia Mini Pro smartphones in London on Thursday, each running Android 2.3 and powered by 1 GHz Snapdragon processors.
AT&T Wireless and Samsung Mobile announced the thin and light Infuse 4G smartphone during a press event Thursday in New York.
U.S. government regulators should depend on antitrust laws to protect broadband customers, instead of the network neutrality rules the U.S. Federal Communications Commission passed in December, Republican members of a U.S. House of Representatives su...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
- New details emerge about Intel's super-small Euclid computer for robots
- Microsoft will soon end Office 2013 distribution through Office 365
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCChange Manager - O365 Upgrade ProjectQLD
- CCTest ManagerVIC
- TPSoftware EngineerWA
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & Lending - Brisbane Based RoleNSW
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- CCPerformance AnalystVIC
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunitiesQLD
- CCProcess Business Analyst X 3VIC
- TPBusiness/Data AnalystQLD
- TPBusiness Project Manager IntegrationNSW
- FTSystems AnalystSA
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- FTSalesforce Technical Business AnalystQLD
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectVIC
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperNSW
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- TPTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Travel and Expense Management SystemQLD
- CCProject Manager - EDRMS ProjectQLD