AT&T’s surprise buyout of T-Mobile USA for $39 billion has industry watchers scrambling to figure out what the deal means for subscribers, the U.S. cellular industry and investors.
AT&T will buy T-Mobile USA for $US39 billion in cash and stock, easily making AT&T the nation's largest wireless carrier, ahead of top-ranked competitor Verizon Wireless and reducing the number of major national wireless carriers from four to three.
AT&T plans to acquire T-Mobile USA from Deutsche Telekom in a cash-and-stock deal valued at about $39 billion, the companies announced Sunday.
The National Association of Broadcasters, asked by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission and some lawmakers to give up television spectrum for mobile data uses, has fired back by accusing several other companies of hoarding the spectrum they hol...
Motorola Mobility announced today that its Wi-Fi-only Xoom tablet will hit the U.S. market on March 27 for $599 from a variety of retailers.
No wonder everybody's gunning for Netflix. The video-streaming service is more popular than many of us imagined. A new study by market research firm The NPD Group shows that Netflix's share of streamed or downloaded digital movies was a competition-c...
By now you've seen all the ads pitching wireless companies' new 4G mobile broadband services and devices. But beyond all the buzzwords and hype, which companies can reliably provide next-generation speed?
Verizon Wireless started pushing a Motorola Xoom software update today that includes support for Flash Player 10.2, which Xoom tablet users will have to download on March 18 via Android Market.
Apple's update for iOS 4, released Wednesday (two days earlier than expected), offers a number of changes and new features for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch owners, plus 59 security patches for the mobile version of Safari.
A U.S. House of Representatives subcommittee has voted in favor of a resolution to throw out the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's recently adopted net neutrality rules.
The Apple rumor mill never runs out of material -- there's always a new story to replace the one that was just proved false.
You grab your Android smartphone, ready to play or friend or stream or navigate or tweet or something and suddenly you're gripped by a consuming anxiety: will this push me over my monthly data plan limit? Or maybe you just want to know which of my ap...
Apple's new iPad 2 tablet computer will only strengthen the company's grip in one market that isn't even a priority for it: the enterprise. And that leaves IT groups still struggling with how to manage and secure a wildly popular mobile device.
You can save the Apple fanboy flames. I just call 'em like I see 'em. Apple CEO Steve Jobs took a hiatus from his hiatus to show up and share the iPad 2 with the world today. While the tablet may not be revolutionary, it is enough to keep the momentu...
Apple CEO Steve Jobs today took a San Francisco stage to introduce his company's newest iPad.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- A new Microsoft foldable device patent offers more grist for the Surface phone rumor mill
- Critical flaw lets hackers take control of Samsung SmartCam cameras
- Facebook launches fake news reporting tool in Germany
- Shopping goes high tech and hassle-free with new Intel technology
- Raspberry Pi's new computer for industrial applications goes on sale
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCSenior Developer - Appian/PegaVIC
- FTChief ArchitectVIC
- CCBiztalk DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTSoftware Support SpecialistQLD
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- CCProcess Business Analyst X 3VIC
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- FTChange ManagerACT
- CCSenior Full-stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTFront End UI DeveloperQLD
- FTFull Stack PHP DeveloperQLD
- CCReporting AnalystVIC
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)WA
- CCPeoplesoft SpecialistACT
- FTLife/400 Testers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCeLearning Support Officer - Moodle/Google appsACT
- FTIT Field EngineerNSW
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- CCBiztalk DeveloperACT
- CCSCRUM MasterVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperNSW
- FT.NET DEVELOPER | MID-SENIOR LEVEL | MEDIA INDUSTRYNSW
- FTTechnical Support RepresentativeNSW