AT&T's planned acquisition of T-Mobile USA will advance U.S. leadership in mobile data and improve consumers' wireless experience, the company's top executives said on a conference call Monday morning.
AT&T’s surprise buyout of T-Mobile USA for $39 billion has industry watchers scrambling to figure out what the deal means for subscribers, the U.S. cellular industry and investors.
AT&T will buy T-Mobile USA for $US39 billion in cash and stock, easily making AT&T the nation's largest wireless carrier, ahead of top-ranked competitor Verizon Wireless and reducing the number of major national wireless carriers from four to three.
AT&T plans to acquire T-Mobile USA from Deutsche Telekom in a cash-and-stock deal valued at about $39 billion, the companies announced Sunday.
The National Association of Broadcasters, asked by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission and some lawmakers to give up television spectrum for mobile data uses, has fired back by accusing several other companies of hoarding the spectrum they hol...
Motorola Mobility announced today that its Wi-Fi-only Xoom tablet will hit the U.S. market on March 27 for $599 from a variety of retailers.
No wonder everybody's gunning for Netflix. The video-streaming service is more popular than many of us imagined. A new study by market research firm The NPD Group shows that Netflix's share of streamed or downloaded digital movies was a competition-c...
By now you've seen all the ads pitching wireless companies' new 4G mobile broadband services and devices. But beyond all the buzzwords and hype, which companies can reliably provide next-generation speed?
Verizon Wireless started pushing a Motorola Xoom software update today that includes support for Flash Player 10.2, which Xoom tablet users will have to download on March 18 via Android Market.
Apple's update for iOS 4, released Wednesday (two days earlier than expected), offers a number of changes and new features for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch owners, plus 59 security patches for the mobile version of Safari.
A U.S. House of Representatives subcommittee has voted in favor of a resolution to throw out the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's recently adopted net neutrality rules.
The Apple rumor mill never runs out of material -- there's always a new story to replace the one that was just proved false.
You grab your Android smartphone, ready to play or friend or stream or navigate or tweet or something and suddenly you're gripped by a consuming anxiety: will this push me over my monthly data plan limit? Or maybe you just want to know which of my ap...
Apple's new iPad 2 tablet computer will only strengthen the company's grip in one market that isn't even a priority for it: the enterprise. And that leaves IT groups still struggling with how to manage and secure a wildly popular mobile device.
You can save the Apple fanboy flames. I just call 'em like I see 'em. Apple CEO Steve Jobs took a hiatus from his hiatus to show up and share the iPad 2 with the world today. While the tablet may not be revolutionary, it is enough to keep the momentu...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- There's now a tool to test for NSA spyware
- Logitech's G410 mechanical keyboard is $60 today
- Leaked Microsoft document confirms Windows 10 Cloud and a Chromebook competitor
- Phishing attacks using internationalised domains are hard to block
- Users' orders: Make it easier to build hybrid clouds
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSpatial technical officerACT
- FTFull Stack Software DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst/Project ManagerQLD
- CCChange / Communications AnalystNSW
- FTCitrix Engineer/Designer - AWS experience essentialNSW
- CCBusiness Implementation Manager - Wealth AdviceNSW
- FTSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Lead - FrontendNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer (Mid level) - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCDelivery Project ManagerVIC
- CCApplication Developer - Datastage & SQL ServerVIC
- CCAutomation DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior / Lead AEM DeveloperNSW
- FTSystem AnalystQLD
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)SA
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- CCSenior Java Web DeveloperNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTProject Coordinator ($280-$300 per day)NSW
- FTIT Service Desk Manager - Team LeaderNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- CCOrganisational Change LeadNSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD