AT&T plans to acquire T-Mobile USA from Deutsche Telekom in a cash-and-stock deal valued at about $39 billion, the companies announced Sunday.
The National Association of Broadcasters, asked by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission and some lawmakers to give up television spectrum for mobile data uses, has fired back by accusing several other companies of hoarding the spectrum they hol...
Motorola Mobility announced today that its Wi-Fi-only Xoom tablet will hit the U.S. market on March 27 for $599 from a variety of retailers.
No wonder everybody's gunning for Netflix. The video-streaming service is more popular than many of us imagined. A new study by market research firm The NPD Group shows that Netflix's share of streamed or downloaded digital movies was a competition-c...
By now you've seen all the ads pitching wireless companies' new 4G mobile broadband services and devices. But beyond all the buzzwords and hype, which companies can reliably provide next-generation speed?
Verizon Wireless started pushing a Motorola Xoom software update today that includes support for Flash Player 10.2, which Xoom tablet users will have to download on March 18 via Android Market.
Apple's update for iOS 4, released Wednesday (two days earlier than expected), offers a number of changes and new features for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch owners, plus 59 security patches for the mobile version of Safari.
A U.S. House of Representatives subcommittee has voted in favor of a resolution to throw out the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's recently adopted net neutrality rules.
The Apple rumor mill never runs out of material -- there's always a new story to replace the one that was just proved false.
You grab your Android smartphone, ready to play or friend or stream or navigate or tweet or something and suddenly you're gripped by a consuming anxiety: will this push me over my monthly data plan limit? Or maybe you just want to know which of my ap...
Apple's new iPad 2 tablet computer will only strengthen the company's grip in one market that isn't even a priority for it: the enterprise. And that leaves IT groups still struggling with how to manage and secure a wildly popular mobile device.
You can save the Apple fanboy flames. I just call 'em like I see 'em. Apple CEO Steve Jobs took a hiatus from his hiatus to show up and share the iPad 2 with the world today. While the tablet may not be revolutionary, it is enough to keep the momentu...
Apple CEO Steve Jobs today took a San Francisco stage to introduce his company's newest iPad.
Despite apparent light demand for the Verizon iPhone 4 on launch day, estimates suggest Verizon and Apple sold around one million of the devices by the end of its weekend. Scott Moritz of The Street reports that analyst estimates put the number of Ve...
One of the two men accused of hacking AT&T's website to grab personal information about thousands of iPad users has been released on bail.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCBusiness Analyst ( Finance/Banking)QLD
- FTSenior Project EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Change Manager- Electrical Network EngineeringSA
- FTService Lifecycle Management Contract AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior Java Developer/ WCEM ConsultantACT
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementQLD
- CCTraining Manager - SAP HR/ PayrollNSW
- CCIT Service Design Analyst- ITSMNSW
- CCMainframe ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperSA
- FTHead - Project Delivery / Project Delivery DirectorACT
- CCProject Manager DW BINSW
- FTsolution ArchitectNSW
- TPWordpress DeveloperWA
- FTAngular DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Software Engineer Developer | 6mthsVIC
- CCFinancial AnalystNSW
- CCUAT TesterQLD
- FTJava Security SpecialistNSW
- FTEnd Point Security AdministratorACT
- CCSIEM SpecialistVIC
- TPMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperVIC
- FTJava / API DeveloperVIC
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCProduct Manager - TV and MediaNSW