A prominent Wall Street analyst declared Friday that Windows Phone 7 has seen a "successful launch" and that Microsoft will heavily market the new platform further, leading to a possible pitched battle against Android smartphones that would leave the...
After years of unsupported rumors and speculation over the end of iPhone exclusivity and the launch of the Apple smartphone on Verizon, it seems that the end is finally near. If the iPhone comes to Verizon in early 2011 -- as is widely predicted -- i...
Results from a new Consumer Reports survey puts into real numbers iPhone owners' continuing unhappiness with AT&T's network service, and suggests that a Verizon iPhone would be warmly welcomed by consumers.
Just when you thought Google had given up and given in to the whims of wireless carriers, the Google Phone is back. The new Google Phone, which is designed by Samsung and dubbed the "Nexus S," resembles Samsung's Galaxy S line of smartphones, but wit...
Apple iPhone users made their displeasure known with AT&T in the latest Consumer Reports wireless carrier satisfaction survey, resulting in a last place finish for the carrier.
That old phrase SNAFU ("Situation Normal, All F---ked Up!") certainly describes our choices for 2010's top 10 security screw-ups.
Verizon Wireless, the nation's largest wireless carrier, Wednesday will disclose details about its plan to launch its faster LTE 4G wireless network in 38 U.S. cities by the end of the year.
Windows Phone 7 (WP7) smartphones have been on sale for more than three weeks in the U.S. and seem to be producing little buzz and only so-so sales.
Hacking-happy users of iPhone 3G and 3GS models can now unlock their phones to work with other carriers, thanks to a new hack. The iPhone Dev Team released this weekend a new carrier unlock for the older iPhone models, which allows you to use any SIM...
I use an iPhone 4. I upgraded to the iPhone 4 from an iPhone 3GS. However, prior to making the switch to the iPhone I relied on Windows Mobile smartphones for years. With all of the excitement generated by Windows Phone 7, though, I felt it was worth...
The solution I came to was to write my own "NetShare"-like app for personal use. After poking around the web for some jumping off points (and a tip from the developer of the controversial "Handy Light" app), I stumbled on a GitHub project called "iPr...
1979: Novell Data Systems is founded in Provo, Utah, as a maker of computers and disk operating systems.
Not content to gobble up smartphone market share, the Android operating system is poised to capture 15 per cent of the tablet market in 2011, according to IMS Research.
Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile have joined forces to build a mobile commercial payment network that will let customers use smartphones as credit cards.
Three of the four largest mobile phone carriers in the U.S. have formed a joint venture to turn phones into digital wallets, allowing subscribers to pay for groceries and other retail items using their phones, instead of credit cards or other methods...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Cisco's all-in-one Spark Board puts the cloud on a wall
- Box launches standalone Notes app to help teams collaborate
- HP recalls over 100,000 more laptop batteries for fire hazard
- Cloud services accounted for half of revenue growth at SAP in 2016
- Court denies US government appeal in Microsoft overseas email case
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- TPPMO SchedulerNSW
- FTTest Analyst - HealthcareVIC
- FTSalesforce Technical Business AnalystQLD
- FTLife/400 Technical Business AnalystNSW
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetVIC
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- FTManager - Field ServicesVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTSecurity Delivery Manager l Security, Governance, Delivery & OperationNSW
- TPSenior Analytics Analyst DeveloperVIC
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork Security Specialist - Palo Alto Firewall ExpertVIC
- CCSystem EngineerSA
- TPIT Sercurity EngineerVIC
- CCData Migration Lead - SAPNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectQLD
- CCPerformance AnalystVIC