AT&T thawed out its international LTE data roaming on Monday, adding 13 more markets -- including Antigua and Barbuda -- to the places where its subscribers can use the high-speed cellular service.
Some Republican policymakers objected to a new U.S. Federal Communications Commission plan to reinstate its net neutrality rules after a court threw them out, but broadband providers appeared to be less concerned.
AT&T and IBM will start jointly offering services designed to help municipalities, utility companies and other organizations use "Internet of things" technologies to better manage their infrastructure.
Cable operators Comcast, Time Warner Cable and Charter Communications have joined forces and formed WifiForward, an organization that will work to protect existing unlicensed frequencies and get lawmakers to free up more spectrum.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has voted to allow telecom carriers to run trials with Internet Protocol networks replacing traditional, copper-based telephone systems.
AT&T gained subscribers for both its mobile and high-speed wireline services in the fourth quarter, posting revenue and profit increases from a year earlier.
AT&T has said it doesn't intend to make an offer for Vodafone in the next six months, but that could change overnight if a competitor makes an offer.
rom $8.09 million in
Apple's "Find My iPhone" application led police in Silicon Valley to quickly arrest two suspected thieves after gadgets worth thousands of dollars were taken from a Palo Alto startup incubator.
The tech industry gave a mixed reaction Friday to President Obama's proposed government surveillance reforms, with some saying his plan for curtailing abuse left either glossed-over details or was unclear.
Keeping the Internet open is a high priority for the FCC -- so high that the agency will closely monitor the sponsored content program that AT&T announced this week for its mobile data network.
When AT&T technology and network chief John Donovan said on Monday that he felt good about the carrier's spectrum position, he had an extra reason for his optimism.
Car makers such as Audi and GM are integrating LTE wireless technology in their new models, offering customers faster access to the Internet but not much choice since they have both signed deals with AT&T.
AT&T will let media companies and other partners cover the cost of delivering some data over the carrier's mobile network, letting subscribers click on videos and other content without worrying about their monthly data caps.
A new website launched by mobile trade group CTIA shows smartphone and tablet users how much data is used by popular apps.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- FTNetwork Infrastructure SpecialistSA
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD
- CCSAP Solution ArchitectACT
- CCProject Manager- Radio CommunicationsVIC
- FTMidrange Server Provision SMENSW
- CCProject Support Officer (Project Scheduler)WA
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- CCSenior Systems SpecialistNSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Helpdesk (Microsoft)NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst / BillingNSW
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCHR Contractor Retail ProjectVIC
- CCSharepoint Analyst DeveloperNSW
- CCDirector - Technical Upgrade Program- Data migration, InfraNSW
- CCProject Manager, Credit CardsNSW
- CCSenior Tester - Automation / Telecommunications (Urgent)NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst/ Scrum MasterNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerWA
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- CCDesktop Engineer (SCCM/SOE)WA
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC