AT&T thawed out its international LTE data roaming on Monday, adding 13 more markets -- including Antigua and Barbuda -- to the places where its subscribers can use the high-speed cellular service.
Some Republican policymakers objected to a new U.S. Federal Communications Commission plan to reinstate its net neutrality rules after a court threw them out, but broadband providers appeared to be less concerned.
AT&T and IBM will start jointly offering services designed to help municipalities, utility companies and other organizations use "Internet of things" technologies to better manage their infrastructure.
Cable operators Comcast, Time Warner Cable and Charter Communications have joined forces and formed WifiForward, an organization that will work to protect existing unlicensed frequencies and get lawmakers to free up more spectrum.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has voted to allow telecom carriers to run trials with Internet Protocol networks replacing traditional, copper-based telephone systems.
AT&T gained subscribers for both its mobile and high-speed wireline services in the fourth quarter, posting revenue and profit increases from a year earlier.
AT&T has said it doesn't intend to make an offer for Vodafone in the next six months, but that could change overnight if a competitor makes an offer.
rom $8.09 million in
Apple's "Find My iPhone" application led police in Silicon Valley to quickly arrest two suspected thieves after gadgets worth thousands of dollars were taken from a Palo Alto startup incubator.
The tech industry gave a mixed reaction Friday to President Obama's proposed government surveillance reforms, with some saying his plan for curtailing abuse left either glossed-over details or was unclear.
Keeping the Internet open is a high priority for the FCC -- so high that the agency will closely monitor the sponsored content program that AT&T announced this week for its mobile data network.
When AT&T technology and network chief John Donovan said on Monday that he felt good about the carrier's spectrum position, he had an extra reason for his optimism.
Car makers such as Audi and GM are integrating LTE wireless technology in their new models, offering customers faster access to the Internet but not much choice since they have both signed deals with AT&T.
AT&T will let media companies and other partners cover the cost of delivering some data over the carrier's mobile network, letting subscribers click on videos and other content without worrying about their monthly data caps.
A new website launched by mobile trade group CTIA shows smartphone and tablet users how much data is used by popular apps.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dropbox changed passwords after 68M accounts were compromised
- NBN raids: Senate refers seized material to privileges committee
- 16 TV buying tips that salespeople won’t tell you about
- Okta's API access product targets the trend toward services
- Corded headphones can now be wireless with Griffin's iTrip Clip Bluetooth adapter
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCOracle DBA with Solaris experienceNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/P/743Asia
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCSenior IT Project SpecialistVIC
- FTWeb Analytics SpecialistNSW
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - SIEMVIC
- CCNetwork Implementation EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Security Specialist - McAfeeVIC
- CCSAP Program Manager - CBDNSW
- CCMS Access DeveloperNSW
- FTNational ICT Senior Technical Support EngineerACT
- CCProgram SchedulerVIC
- CCStorage / Server EngineerNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst (Superannuation)NSW
- CCBig Data SpecialistNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCSenior Change Analyst, WealthNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET/SQL Server) 160829/AP/267Asia
- CCFacilities ManagerACT
- CCEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- CCIT Program Manager - TelecommunicationsNSW