Apple is working on wearable digital glasses that would connect to the iPhone and show content in the wearer’s field of vision, according to a news report.
When it comes to enterprise data visualization, IBM Software Engineer Rosstin Murphy thinks augmented reality trumps virtual reality. Here's why.
Microsoft is positioning its HoloLens augmented reality headset for businesses, but analysts say it must clear hurdles such as cost, technical and competitive challenges.
Analysts see a handful of technologies that are poised to radically change our lives by 2021.
Microsoft showed off a demo of how the HoloLens could be used in a business context at its Worldwide Partner Conference on Monday, aiming to attract interest from the developers and integrators in the audience.
Scientists with the U.S. Navy are working to develop an augmented reality display for divers' helmets.
Here's what it's like to use Google's augmented reality-enabled platform, Project Tango, in your everyday life.
A startup called Eyefluence aims to improve virtual and augmented reality with its eye-tracking technology. After an early glimpse at what the company's tech can do, it seems like a must-have for future headsets.
Oculus VR revealed the final version of its Rift virtual reality headset on Thursday, but the partnership between the Facebook-owned company and Microsoft may have raised some eyebrows.
The Sprout, HP's innovative new PC, towered above my desk. An array of cameras and a projector (collectively called the Illuminator) loomed over its 23-inch touch display.
With augmented reality (AR) being developed to take advantage of cloud, mobile, big data and social technology -- Gartner's "nexus of forces" -- is it possible AR could become a fifth component of the nexus?
The technology has been around for quite some time, but like so many other fringe smartphone features, augmented reality has yet to present itself as a must-have for consumers.
The Commonwealth Bank (CBA) released a new iPhone app yesterday that it says will revolutionise the property market in Australia and change how home buyers will search for a property.
Mobile phone technology vendor Qualcomm plans to offer an augmented reality platform and software development kit, the company said on Wednesday at its Uplinq conference.
Adidas' new Augmented Reality shoe hits stores in San Francisco this week, introducing browser-based gaming to footwear. Or at least we think that's what it's doing -- it's hard to understand just what's going on without actually having the shoe for ...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
- New details emerge about Intel's super-small Euclid computer for robots
- Microsoft will soon end Office 2013 distribution through Office 365
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTTechnology Testing Services ManagerQLD
- FT.NET DEVELOPER | MID-SENIOR LEVEL | MEDIA INDUSTRYNSW
- TPJava DeveloperSA
- FTTechnology Testing CoordinatorQLD
- TPLevel 3 Systems EngineerWA
- CCSenior Applications Project Manager - Office 365QLD
- CCSecurity AnalystACT
- CCIntegration Systems SpecialistQLD
- FTLinux Systems EngineerQLD
- CCAAA DeveloperNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- CCDigital Business Analyst - Apps DevelopmentNSW
- FTSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantQLD
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- FTMDM - ConsultantNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager - IT SolutionsNSW
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - SQLACT
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTSalesforce Technical Business Analyst (Brisbane based)NSW
- FTProject Delivery Manager | PortfolioQLD
- TPMS Dynamics Post Implementation BAQLD