Australian Internet service provider iiNet has proposed the establishment of an independent body to police copyright infringement by Internet users.
Australian Federation Against Copyright Theft (AFACT)
Service providers, rights holders and internet users are anxiously awaiting news of whether the Australian Federation Against Copyright Theft (AFACT) will further appeal the decision against it today by the Federal Court, but both the industry body a...
The loose-knit confederation of internet activists who organise under the banner "Anonymous" appeared to hit Australia again this morning, with Operation Payback targeting a distributed denial of service (DDoS) attack against the Australian Federatio...
iiNet has sent a request to the Federal Court to put a stop to film studios' appeal against last month's decision to clear the Australian Internet service provider (ISP) of copyright breaches. The ISP filed a 'Notice of Contention' in the Federal Cou...
AFACT statement: Film industry disappointed by Federal Court ruling on online copyright infringement
The official statement from AFACT on today's Federal Court ruling on online copyright infringement.
Australian ISP iiNet and millions of Australian Internet users will be holding their breath tomorrow as the Federal Court delivers a verdict on the iiNet vs Australian Federation Against Copyright Theft (AFACT) copyright case.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's Raspberry Pi-like Artik 10 priced higher at $149.99
- What do you get when you cross Star Wars and famous art? This algorithm can show you
- 5 products Intel could cut in its reshuffle
- Tech groups call on presidential candidates to support encryption, embrace other IT issues
- Cisco patch stops attackers from taking over TelePresence systems
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSystem AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCAzure Consultant/EngineerQLD
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTDesktop Support Technician - onsite Corporate officesVIC
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/Unix) 160509/AP/395Asia
- CCBusiness Systems Analyst - eCommerce PaymentsVIC
- CCSr. Business Analyst - ServicePLUSVIC
- CCSr. Project Manager - Six SigmaVIC
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- CCJava Developer- 12 month contractNSW
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- CCSr. Project ManagerVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCUX Designer and UX ResearcherVIC
- CCMid Range Developer (Senior .NET Developer)QLD
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- FTSoftware (.Net) DeveloperACT
- CCFront end web developer - JUNE / JULY STARTACT
- CCWindows Automation EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC