Australian Internet service provider iiNet has proposed the establishment of an independent body to police copyright infringement by Internet users.
Australian Federation Against Copyright Theft (AFACT)
Service providers, rights holders and internet users are anxiously awaiting news of whether the Australian Federation Against Copyright Theft (AFACT) will further appeal the decision against it today by the Federal Court, but both the industry body a...
The loose-knit confederation of internet activists who organise under the banner "Anonymous" appeared to hit Australia again this morning, with Operation Payback targeting a distributed denial of service (DDoS) attack against the Australian Federatio...
iiNet has sent a request to the Federal Court to put a stop to film studios' appeal against last month's decision to clear the Australian Internet service provider (ISP) of copyright breaches. The ISP filed a 'Notice of Contention' in the Federal Cou...
AFACT statement: Film industry disappointed by Federal Court ruling on online copyright infringement
The official statement from AFACT on today's Federal Court ruling on online copyright infringement.
Australian ISP iiNet and millions of Australian Internet users will be holding their breath tomorrow as the Federal Court delivers a verdict on the iiNet vs Australian Federation Against Copyright Theft (AFACT) copyright case.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AI should enhance, not replace, humans, say CEOs of IBM and Microsoft
- Sensitive access tokens and keys found in hundreds of Android apps
- Microsoft's first tethered Windows 10 VR headsets to ship in March
- Terrorists are winning the digital arms race, experts say
- Low-end Android phones could get VR with new Imagination GPU
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTProject Delivery Manager | PortfolioQLD
- TPDigital Business Analyst | AgileQLD
- FTITCM EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- CCService ManagerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & LendingQLD
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXSA
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCProject Manager l Business Focused l Telco Activations - Pennant Hills locationNSW
- CCCapacity and Performance Analyst - Mainframe - Z SystemsVIC
- FTLead Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- CCDigital Business Analyst l SalesforceNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementWA
- FTManager - Field ServicesVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTSystems AdministratorVIC
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- TPSystem AdministratorQLD
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCProcess Business Analyst X 3VIC