Australian Internet service provider iiNet has proposed the establishment of an independent body to police copyright infringement by Internet users.
Australian Federation Against Copyright Theft (AFACT)
Service providers, rights holders and internet users are anxiously awaiting news of whether the Australian Federation Against Copyright Theft (AFACT) will further appeal the decision against it today by the Federal Court, but both the industry body a...
The loose-knit confederation of internet activists who organise under the banner "Anonymous" appeared to hit Australia again this morning, with Operation Payback targeting a distributed denial of service (DDoS) attack against the Australian Federatio...
iiNet has sent a request to the Federal Court to put a stop to film studios' appeal against last month's decision to clear the Australian Internet service provider (ISP) of copyright breaches. The ISP filed a 'Notice of Contention' in the Federal Cou...
AFACT statement: Film industry disappointed by Federal Court ruling on online copyright infringement
The official statement from AFACT on today's Federal Court ruling on online copyright infringement.
Australian ISP iiNet and millions of Australian Internet users will be holding their breath tomorrow as the Federal Court delivers a verdict on the iiNet vs Australian Federation Against Copyright Theft (AFACT) copyright case.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
- An IoT botnet is partly behind Friday's massive DDOS attack
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
- Easy-to-exploit rooting flaw puts Linux computers at risk
- Intel asserts its trademark rights against John McAfee
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CC.Net DeveloperWA
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 161018/P/911Asia
- CCWindows EngineerACT
- CCCloud Security Services SpecialistVIC
- FTDirector Data AnalyticsACT
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Wealth/Super backgroundNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/XML) 161018/JP/922Asia
- CCNetwork AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonNSW
- CCSAP Finance Business AnalystNSW
- CCApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (PC LAN Support) 161028/JP/203Asia
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCIteration ManagerVIC
- CCJava Developers - Federal Government experienceNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161017/ITA/742Asia
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- PTService Management AnalystSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclipse) 161007/AP/vmpAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (CISCO/IT Security) 161028/AP/142Asia
- FTSalesforce Subject Matter ExpertNSW
- FTSenior UX DesignerAsia
- CCSenior Java Analyst Programmer - Front Office TradingNSW