A U.S. judge has thrown out a long-standing copyright infringement case brought against Google by the Authors Guild, saying the company's book-scanning project provides significant benefits to the public.
Amazon.com's application for top-level domain strings, including for ".book" and ".read," has come under attack from publishing industry groups and competitor Barnes & Noble.
After a so-far fruitless three-year effort to settle the case, Google and the plaintiffs suing it for alleged book-related copyright infringement apparently are moving away from seeking a friendly solution.
Google and representatives for authors and publishers told a U.S. District Court judge Thursday that they would like to continue discussions on a revised settlement in a copyright infringement case that has dragged on for years.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProject Manager- Radio CommunicationsVIC
- CCLean Six Sigma Project ManagerVIC
- CCSAP Program Manager - CBDNSW
- FTChange Management Specialist - IT Service ManagementNSW
- CCFinance Analyst (Junior)VIC
- CCTechnology Specialist Networks & SecurityVIC
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/PHP) 160819/P/733Asia
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- FTClient Engagement ManagerVIC
- CCEnterprise Architect ? Big Data AnalyticsNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst- BABOK,Infrastructure, Banking bkgndNSW
- FTMicrosoft Solution ArchitectACT
- FTTest EngineerNSW
- CCDB2 Database AdministratorACT
- FTCyber Security Sales Executive / Account DirectorNSW
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- CCMainframe Application ArchitectNSW
- FTIT ManagerAsia
- FTJr .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCQuality AnalystNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Data MigrationVIC
- CCLinux EngineerVIC
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- FTPrincipal Business Consultant- Wealth ManagementNSW