Debuting in Maya 2011 is the Camera Sequencer which manages multiple camera shots in an animation sequence.
There's more to making cities smart than the Internet of Things and the collection of big data.
Autodesk announced Wednesday an open software platform for 3-D printing called Spark, which will be open and freely licensable to manufacturers and others.
Capitalizing on apparent demand from customers, NetSuite is adding new capabilities aimed at manufacturers to its cloud-based ERP (enterprise resource planning) software.
South by Southwest Interactive is best known as the technology festival that put such social networking mainstays as Twitter and Foursquare on the map. But if there was a "next big thing" at this year's event, finding it would be pretty hard.
Danish toy company Lego and 3D design company Autodesk want to make it easier for tech-savvy children to build complicated robots by introducing 3D software that shows every step in the building process.
Autodesk announced that it is bringing AutoCAD back to the Mac, and also adding AutoCAD apps for the iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- FTC charges Qualcomm with anticompetitive chip tactics
- Can a DDoS attack on Whitehouse.gov be a valid protest?
- Obama commutes sentence for Chelsea Manning, a WikiLeaks source
- HPE buying SimpliVity for US$650 million to boost hyperconvergence
- Leaked Windows 10 build shows Microsoft filling a major content hole: Ebooks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTSenior Linux Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Vendor Transition - ApplicationsNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantQLD
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTProject Delivery Manager | PortfolioQLD
- CCDigital Business Analyst - Apps DevelopmentNSW
- FTFull Stack Web Developer - UI/UX - .NET or JAVANSW
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT
- FTFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- FTSystems AdministratorVIC
- CCMid-level Java Developer / Programmer (Contract) Finance CBDNSW
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- FTTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- CCService Desk SMENSW
- FTInformation Security ManagerNSW
- FTSalesforce Technical Business AnalystQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCBig Data Developer - Government - 12 Month Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCNetwork Security Specialist - Palo Alto Firewall ExpertVIC