Debuting in Maya 2011 is the Camera Sequencer which manages multiple camera shots in an animation sequence.
There's more to making cities smart than the Internet of Things and the collection of big data.
Autodesk announced Wednesday an open software platform for 3-D printing called Spark, which will be open and freely licensable to manufacturers and others.
Capitalizing on apparent demand from customers, NetSuite is adding new capabilities aimed at manufacturers to its cloud-based ERP (enterprise resource planning) software.
South by Southwest Interactive is best known as the technology festival that put such social networking mainstays as Twitter and Foursquare on the map. But if there was a "next big thing" at this year's event, finding it would be pretty hard.
Danish toy company Lego and 3D design company Autodesk want to make it easier for tech-savvy children to build complicated robots by introducing 3D software that shows every step in the building process.
Autodesk announced that it is bringing AutoCAD back to the Mac, and also adding AutoCAD apps for the iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Friday's DDoS attack came from 100,000 infected devices
- These are the 3 big reveals from Microsoft's Surface event
- AI and robots aren't gunning for your job, White House economist says
- DDoS attacks from webcams, routers hit Singapore's StarHub
- Emergency Flash Player patch fixes zero-day critical flaw
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCDigital Producer - 3 Month Contract Immediate Start!NSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161020/ITA/652Asia
- CCSenior C# .Net EngineerNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- FTData ScientistSA
- CCSAP FunctionalistACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Margin ProjectsNSW
- FTMigration Release CoordinatorACT
- CCBPM ConsultantNSW
- CCProject AdministratorVIC
- TPICT Procurement OfficerQLD
- FTiOS Developer - PermanentWA
- CCSecurity ExpertVIC
- CCTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AX - Brisbane BasedQLD
- CCOracle Functional Consultant | 6mth ContractVIC
- CCChange Analyst - BankingNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (HACMP/Oracle) 161103/SA/335Asia
- FT.Net CRM Dynamics Developer LeadVIC
- FTSalesforce Subject Matter ExpertNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- CCStrategy AnalystVIC
- FTMid to senior Java Software EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- TPTest AnalystQLD