On the same day Elon Musk said Tesla's new vehicles will have fully-autonomous capabilities, a consumer watchdog group called on the California Department of Motor Vehicles to prohibit cars without human driver capabilities.
Pal-V is opening the first flying car school in North America to help prospective clients obtain a pilot's license before the company distributes the first commercial flying car in 2018.
The soft whirring of electric cars was barely audible amid the pounding music and the babble of voices at the Paris motor show on Thursday, but we'll be hearing a whole lot more of it in the years to come.
Karamba Security announced a new product for connected and autonomous vehicles that performs in-memory software authentication that it claims would have prevented a Tesla hack demonstrated last week by Chinese security experts.
The Tesla hack is the latest sign of trouble, says Adrian Davis of (ISC)2
Nissan's car of the future will use Microsoft's Azure cloud services to pay tolls, transfer settings between cars, and even—gulp!—possibly bring Office features to the dashboard.
Microsoft has signed a deal to work with Renault-Nissan to create a new vehicle communications platform via the Azure cloud.
Researchers from Chinese technology company Tencent found a series of vulnerabilities that, when combined, allowed them to remotely take over a Tesla Model S car.
MIT and two Dutch universities are collaborating on a $27 million project to create a fleet of autonomous canal-going vessels. At the same time, private companies are already building open water vessels for a myriad of transportation and shipping nee...
Autonomous cars are set to take off but they are less likely to be driven by private owners and will in all probability be part of networks operated by ride-hailing services, according to the co-founder and president of Lyft.
Columnist Rob Enderle writes that marketing isn’t about selling stuff anymore. It’s about selling experiences. A recent trip made it clear that Tesla gets this and Mercedes does not.
British adventurer, Ben Grylls, tested out the new Land Rover Discovery's Intelligent Seat Fold Technology while jumping from a plane. Using a smartphone app, drivers will be able to perform a variety of functions including closing the windows of the...
Autopilot supplier Mobileye has ended its relationship with Tesla because it believes the all-electric carmaker has been taking too many risks with semi-autonomous technology.
Tesla Motors is once again facing controversy over the safety of its Autopilot technology for assisting car drivers, this time in connection with the death of the driver in a Model S crash in China.
Uber has begun offering customers the chance to ride in one of its autonomous car prototypes. The new service has launched in Pittsburgh, where Uber carries out its high-tech research, and is a sign of confidence by the company in its self-driving ca...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's smartphone share hit by Note7 debacle, stiff competition
- Oracle takes Java copyright dispute with Google to appeals court
- Samsung sales, profits dive on Note 7 recall
- Hands-on: Microsoft's Surface Studio is a Windows PC for the Mac crowd
- Renewable energy represented more than half of all new power capacity in '15
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBiomedical Project ManagerSA
- CCProject AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161114/ITA/411Asia
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCQuality Assurance LeadNSW
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCFull Stack Developer - Be a part of the innovation programVIC
- FTJava DeveloperACT
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCContract Senior IT Assistant (Lotus Notes) 161101/SITA/571Asia
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTBI Developer-Micro-strategyNSW
- FTSenior Architect | Perl | Linux |MySQL | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- CCUnix Project LeadNSW
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- FTProject ManagerSA
- FTSenior Full Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Functional Analyst - PeopleSoftQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementQLD
- TPProject Manager - ApplicationsQLD
- CCNetApp Storage Specialist required to join global company in SydneyNSW
- CCCisco Voice ConsultantWA