Ransomware authors continue improving file-encrypting programs and infection methods for Windows and Android, making these nightmarish attacks harder to avoid.
Google has done a good job at keeping data-stealing Trojan apps out of Google Play, but attackers still find ways to monetize rogue apps through the store.
On Wednesday, Avast Software announced the launch of a beta version of its new antivirus software for Mac OS X. The app is being touted as an almost complete rewrite of Avast's existing Mac security software; Ondrej Vicek, Avast Software's CTO, annou...
Czech security company Avast Software is adding virtualised security to the forthcoming version of its paid antivirus software in an attempt to woo consumers worried about attacks on online banking by Trojans such as Zeus/SpyEye.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCCobol ProgrammerACT
- FTDynamics AX Functional ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Developer - AWS Cloud HSMNSW
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/SQL/PHP) 160628/AP/113Asia
- CCAEM Backend DeveloperVIC
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSecurity Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- CCInside Sales Specialist / Customer Service - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCIT Change Coordinator / AnalystNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerNSW
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- FTIT Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCSAP Application Delivery LeadVIC
- CCJava DevelopersACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC