Avast Free Antivirus 5 review: This free antivirus package offers quick scan speeds
Malwarebytes said it may take three to four weeks to fix flaws in its consumer product found by Google security researcher Tavis Ormandy.
A banking trojan, known for its small size but powerful capabilities, has expanded the number of financial institutions it can collect data from, according to security vendor Avast.
A type of malware called Reveton, which falsely warns users they've broken the law and demands payment of a fine, has been upgraded with powerful password stealing functions, according to Avast.
It's generally accepted that antivirus programs provide a necessary protection layer, but organizations should audit such products before deploying them on their systems because many of them contain serious vulnerabilities, a researcher warned.
Victims of Simplocker, the first file-encrypting ransomware threat for Android devices, can recover files without paying cybercriminals because the malicious program uses a hardcoded encryption key.
Depending on whom you ask, paying for antivirus software is either a good investment or a total ripoff. In reality, neither viewpoint is accurate. You can find plenty of good reasons to choose a paid antivirus product, and plenty of good reasons to ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Microsoft beta lets workers build their own apps without coding
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
- 5 (more) reasons to be a data scientist
- FCC wireless auction hits spectrum target, paving way for fast, reliable 5G
- IBM offers advice on how to secure blockchain in the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- FTTrading System QAAsia
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- CCProcurement Contract SpecialistQLD
- CCData AnalystVIC
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCICT Project Manager - Contact Centre/Telephony FocusNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT
- CCPMO Coordinator- Prince2, Project financialsNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCInfrastructure Engineer - Windows, VMWare, HyperVWA
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT