The next time you call customer service, you may get an answer from a Chromebook.
Avaya must give its customers access to maintenance software for some enterprise phone switches so they can service the systems themselves or hire a third party to work on them, a US federal judge has ruled.
A federal jury in New Jersey has handed a setback to Avaya, ruling that it illegally tried to quash competition for service on its enterprise communications equipment.
By now, it's become a tired old tech industry bromide: CIOs need to be business-savvy.
The U.S. Congress should limit the ability of patent holders that don't make products to file infringement complaints at the U.S. International Trade Commission because of a huge increase in cases there, representatives of some companies told lawmake...
Avaya unified communications products can get along with Microsoft's Lync Server, and many customers will probably choose to deploy both rather than just one, says Avaya's CEO.
Apple co-founder talks about growing smartphone market, reflects on Apple's past
When the Brooklyn Nets traveled to Boston to play the Celtics last week, it became apparent that the two organizations disagreed about something - the cloud.
Steve Jobs' death raised question about directions in technology this week while worries about the economy continue to put downward pressure on tech stocks, but for much of the industry it's been business as usual, especially for mergers and acquisit...
Avaya is going public again, filing today with the Securities and Exchange Commission for an initial public offering worth $1 billion.
Your office is now optional. A recent study from Infonetics Research projects that enterprises will spend $5 billion on videoconferencing and telepresence by 2015. To accommodate the need for instant connectivity and information sharing at the office...
Alcatel-Lucent is reportedly shopping around its enterprise switching, IP telephony and contact center businesses in an effort to boost its financial performance by focusing on core telecom markets.
Interstate trucking company Boyd Bros. Transportation was losing experienced freight agents because it couldn't support home workers, but replacing the firm's 20-year-old phone system brought unified communications features that let it hang on to the...
Avaya is taking its data center architecture to the enterprise campus, with the goal of creating "private clouds."
The Sno-Isle, Wash., public library system expects to save $400,000 this year by yanking its MPLS network and replacing it with multiple, less expensive broadband connections that include consumer DSL, cable service and even dark fiber.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Toshiba considers spinning off its memory business
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- WikiLeaks’ Assange confident of winning 'any fair trial' in the US
- FTC charges Qualcomm with anticompetitive chip tactics
- Can a DDoS attack on Whitehouse.gov be a valid protest?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)NSW
- FTApplications Sales ExecutiveWA
- TPSenior Project Manager - Digital Application CX TransformationNSW
- FTInformation Security ManagerNSW
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- CCMultiple Infrastructure ArchitectsWA
- CCVMWare Automation ArchitectACT
- FTTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTChange ManagerACT
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantNSW
- FTLife/400 Testers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCData Migration Lead - SAPNSW
- CCCapacity and Performance Analyst - Mainframe - Z SystemsVIC
- TPProject Manager - Data ManagementSA
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTLevel 3 Support ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - DataQLD
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT