The next time you call customer service, you may get an answer from a Chromebook.
Avaya must give its customers access to maintenance software for some enterprise phone switches so they can service the systems themselves or hire a third party to work on them, a US federal judge has ruled.
A federal jury in New Jersey has handed a setback to Avaya, ruling that it illegally tried to quash competition for service on its enterprise communications equipment.
By now, it's become a tired old tech industry bromide: CIOs need to be business-savvy.
The U.S. Congress should limit the ability of patent holders that don't make products to file infringement complaints at the U.S. International Trade Commission because of a huge increase in cases there, representatives of some companies told lawmake...
Avaya unified communications products can get along with Microsoft's Lync Server, and many customers will probably choose to deploy both rather than just one, says Avaya's CEO.
Apple co-founder talks about growing smartphone market, reflects on Apple's past
When the Brooklyn Nets traveled to Boston to play the Celtics last week, it became apparent that the two organizations disagreed about something - the cloud.
Steve Jobs' death raised question about directions in technology this week while worries about the economy continue to put downward pressure on tech stocks, but for much of the industry it's been business as usual, especially for mergers and acquisit...
Avaya is going public again, filing today with the Securities and Exchange Commission for an initial public offering worth $1 billion.
Your office is now optional. A recent study from Infonetics Research projects that enterprises will spend $5 billion on videoconferencing and telepresence by 2015. To accommodate the need for instant connectivity and information sharing at the office...
Alcatel-Lucent is reportedly shopping around its enterprise switching, IP telephony and contact center businesses in an effort to boost its financial performance by focusing on core telecom markets.
Interstate trucking company Boyd Bros. Transportation was losing experienced freight agents because it couldn't support home workers, but replacing the firm's 20-year-old phone system brought unified communications features that let it hang on to the...
Avaya is taking its data center architecture to the enterprise campus, with the goal of creating "private clouds."
The Sno-Isle, Wash., public library system expects to save $400,000 this year by yanking its MPLS network and replacing it with multiple, less expensive broadband connections that include consumer DSL, cable service and even dark fiber.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 2 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 3 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 4 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 5 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- These solar road panels could turn our world into Tron
- New Satana ransomware encrypts user files and master boot record
- Firmware exploit can defeat new Windows security features on Lenovo ThinkPads
- Use Apache Spark? This tool can help you tap machine learning
- Intel tunes its mega-chip for machine learning
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCTest LeadNSW
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Large Telco - URGENTNSW
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - Marketing and Distribution systemsNSW
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (System Backup Operation/UNIX) 160615/AP/791Asia
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- CCMiddleware Developer - BaselineACT
- FTService Delivery Coordinator - ApplicationsNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160629/AP/793Asia
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/ SQL/Web) 160708/AP/352Asia
- FTBusiness Analyst - Toolset ReadinessNSW
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL/Oracle) 160630/SA/254Asia
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW